A Rainy Day

Bonnie's POV

I woke up to the sound of rain battering my window, that told me today is not going to be a happy day. It had been 3 weeks since I had met Wallace in the woods and Marcus was keeping our little secret safe. Wallace's leg was healing faster and faster and had healed more and more every day. Wallace had his arms wrapped tightly around my waist and my back was right against his chest. Wallace woke up next to me.

"Good morning beautiful..."

Wallace tiredly said. I turned around to face him. I stared into his eyes and got lost in the deep emerald sea.

"Morning Wallace."

I mumbled cheekily.

"I should get up."

Wallace said while yawning.

"No please stay, just a little longer, please, I'm so cold."

I whined cheekily. October had crept by quite quickly and it was the 5th of November today. Wallace grabbed me again and pulled me in close. When he hugged me I felt so safe, we stayed like this for a while.

"Yes, today is Guy fawkes day."

I whispered as I sat up.

"Wallace, we have this tradition, where the whole village goes to town, there will be a massive bonfire. The town chucks a scarecrow into the fire and we sit and chat all night. I really want you to come. Its dark, nobody will notice you."

I whispered, looking down at Wallace.

"Sure. It sounds fun."

Wallace whispered back.

"Do you want to go ride around on the horses?"

Wallace blushed as he shyly asked me.

"That sounds fabulous."

I whispered and pecked him on the cheek. I got up grabbed my towel and walked out to the bathroom, signaling to Wallace he should take his shower now as well but in my bathroom. I showered quite fast got out and quickly tip toed back to my room. I hoped Wallace hadn't finished his shower because I forgot my clothes.
I put on my underwear and I started futzing with my bra this doesn't normally happen but it wasn't clipping together. I dropped my arms down to my side in frustration.

Click

My bra strap clicked together. I turned around and Wallace was standing there smiling.

"It looked like you needed some help."

Wallace said smirking at me.

"Go get dressed in the shower you."

I joked and pointed over to the bathroom door. Wallace backed up to the door still smirking at me until the door shut. I quickly put on my tights and pulled my light blue long sleeve dress with a white bow around the waist and stepped into it. I buttoned it up all the way and went back to my closet to get a cloak. I found a dark blue cloak with a hood and buttoned that around my neck. I threw on my boots and tied them up. Wallace walked out of the bathroom. I ran down the stairs and picked up some bread, cheese and ham. I put it all into a bag and jumped up the steps and into my room.

"Ready?"

I asked.

"Ready."

He replied.

"Let's go."

I said smiling.

"My parents are in their room still, so you should go out the front and to the stables and I'll meet you there."

"Go."

I said sternly. Wallace nodded and carefully walked down the stairs. I walked over to my parents room.

"Mum? Can I ride around on the horses?"

I whispered to my mother.

"No. Its dangerous in the rain."

She whispered back.

"Mother, I don't care if you won't let me go I'm going any way."

I whispered sternly back to her.

"Bonnie, don't go, you might get hurt."

Mother said sitting up with a worried look on her face.

"I'm going."

I replied turning around heading to the door.

"Bonnie! Come here right this second!"

Mother shouted. I just ignored her and slammed the door. I ran out the front door and to the stables. I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes.

'No. I'm not going to get hurt.'

I thought to myself. I got to the stables and grabbed a cloth and placed it on Shadow's back.

"Which horse do you want Wallace?"

I said sounding a little unintentionally annoyed.

"Bonnie? Are you okay?"

Wallace asked worriedly.

"Answer the damn question Wallace."

I snapped at him.

"Sorry, Its not your fault."

I said feeling a little guilty for snapping at him. A tear was running down my face. A tear crashed to the ground then another one. It was silent, the only thing you could here was the rain battering the roof.

"I would like that one please."

Wallace said pointing at Warrior. I grabbed the only saddle we had and put it on Warriors back. I clipped it in and picked up the reins, I put them on him and Wallace got on with some help.

"You ready."

I said happily as I clambered on Shadows back. Wallace smiled and nodded. I liked riding, it took my mind off things and I forgot about what happened with my mother and I.

"Let's Ride!"

I shouted as Shadow reared.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N hello I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in so long. I'm on holiday so I'll try to update soon. I hope you like my story. I love you all and keep reading. 💕

P.S. reared is when a horse goes on its hind legs. Look up pictures if you don't know what I mean.