Breakfast

When Wallace came out from under her bed, there was an awkward silence between them.

"You should probably stay in my room."

Bonnie got up and left feeling anxious about leaving Wallace in her room for a bit on his own.

"Good morning everyone."

Bonnie said with an awkward smile on her face when she entered the kitchen. Marcus ran over to Bonnie hugging her, Bonnie saw her dad sitting at the table wrapped in a few bandages here and there.

"Dad! Are you alright?"

Bonnie sped over to her dad hugging him tightly.

"I'm grand darling. I'm glad to see you."

Bonnie loosened her grip on her dad, worried she might've hurt him.

"Your mum told me you were upset abo-"

"Forget it, I'm overjoyed that you're alright!"

"Porridge is ready!"

Mum announced to the kitchen. Bonnie served her dad, mum, Marcus and herself and they ate all together, silently and awkwardly. The whole time Bonnie was thinking about how long she'd left Wallace on his own. Once her dad finished and went back out to work and Marcus tagged along with him Bonnie told her mum she'd do the washing up.

"Mum, you can go. I'll going to clean this up, besides you made it."

Bonnie said with an innocent smile.

"Thank you dear."

She returned the smile and went outside to collect the dry clothes. As soon as she was out of sight Bonnie served the extra porridge into her empty bowl and rushed upstairs.

"Here Wallace, sorry I took ages."

Bonnie said as she handed him the porridge.

"Not at all, I'm so grateful you're doing this for me in the first place."

Wallace beamed at her.

"I have to do the washing up."

Bonnie smiled and walked towards the door. Once downstairs Bonnie grabbed the plates and started to wash them. She wanted to have a nice day with Wallace and she decided that they should ride to town and explore there. When Bonnie finished washing the plates, she went upstairs and saw Wallace getting changed only wearing boxers. She stared at his bare chest and could feel her cheeks burning up. Wallace was very fit, his giggle snapped Bonnie back to reality.

"Like what you see?"

He questioned laughing and smiling. Bonnie choked on her words.

"Doyouwanttogototownwithme!?"

"Pardon?"

Wallace asked laughing at an embarrassed Bonnie.

"Do you want to go to town with me...?"

Wallace smiled and said yes as he put on a shirt. Bonnie grabbed a pink dress with white polka dots to wear to town instead of her tatty nightdress and went into the bathroom to change. When she got out Wallace was looking at a painting she did of loch Bonnie.

"Do you like it?"

Bonnie asked from behind him.

"It's beautiful."

Wallace said, gazing at the painting.

"I'm off to tell my mum that I'm going to town."

Bonnie told Wallace as she brushed her ginger hair. She put the brush down and popped on her boots by the front door before running outside to catch her mum.

"Mum! Mum! Can I go to town?"

Bonnie yelled from across the vegetable patch.

"Yes, just be safe please!"

Her mum shouted back.

"I'm taking Shadow!"

Shadow was one of the horses, two people could fit on his back more comfortably than most.

"Fine, just keep an eye on him!"

Her mum yelled.

"Thanks Mum!"

Bonnie ran back to the cottage, delighted that she'd be spending time with Wallace.

"We're going by horse."

Bonnie announced to Wallace as she burst through her bedroom door.

Wallace awkwardly walked out of the room and down the stairs. In the stables Bonnie got Shadow and from there put a cloth on him hoping they would not get sore later. Bonnie helped Wallace on the front and she clambered on behind him.

"Do you know how to ride a horse?"

Bonnie asked Wallace.

"Yes, but I can't without reins, also my leg..."

Wallace said a little embarrassed.

Bonnie slid off Shadow and Wallace shifted back making room for Bonnie in the front, she grabbed a firm hold on the back of Shadows neck.

"Hold on tight."

Bonnie smirked at Wallace. She clicked her tongue and Shadow was off, when they got out of the stables Bonnie got Shadow to go fast, she didn't want to risk her family spotting them. Once out of sight she slowed down to a more comfortable pace for Wallace.

"I'm alright you can go faster, I'll say when it gets too much, I do like a good thrill."

Wallace smirked a Bonnie.

"I like the way you think."

Bonnie dug her heel into Shadow's waist and he picked up the pace.

----------------------------------------------------------

A/N Most of the photos that you see were taken by me when I went to the highlands. Just thought you might want to know.