Seven Apples

Bonnie's POV

The white horse was galloping into a foggy area away from the white world I had seen before. Dark trees tall and shadowy were starting to appear around me. Darkness was closing in and soon I could barely see, I was starting to lose hope as the white horse was slowing down. Then a bright light shined and lit some if the path, as if I was holding a lantern. I looked behind me wondering where this mysterious light source was coming from.

We entered a semi circle of trees and when the white horse turned around more trees had closed in and thorns had grown piercing his legs and turning the perfect white to a scarlet red. I didn't want to step in the thorns but I had to help him. I put my right foot down and when I didn't feel any pain I looked down and the thorns had moved away. I put my other foot down and walked toward them and more light was shining on them and they moved back.

They were afraid of the light. I ran around the circle clearing the thorns, but as soon as the light wasn't on them the came back. Well at least I didn't have to step on them. I walked towards the white horse's back legs. I touched the spots where the thorns had pierced him and the blood started to go back into those holes and heal up. I looked at my hands and saw them glowing a pearly seashell white, I am the light.

I went to his other leg and front leg and did the same. I was approaching the final leg and saw that the blood had made it to the ground and when I tried to heal it it wouldn't heal. I touched the spot on the grassy earth where the blood had soaked in and a sapling shot out from that spot and started growing until a huge tree was standing in front of me.

Then seven blood red apples hung down, the only light from me. I went to grab one but decided against it. I had a 1 in 7 chance to pick the right one, but then again there were no clues and no hints. I reached for it and when I touched it, it went rotten and fell on to the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wallace's POV

I woke up with the sunlight shining through the curtain and I felt happy until I remembered Bonnie was still sick. I quietly walked into her room to catch a glance of her she was still pale, dirt all over her, her bruises purple and her cuts open.

I wanted her to wake up, she looked like she was sleeping, nothing more, and I just wanted to kiss her gently to wake her. I leaned into kiss her as the door swung open.

"Oh, it's just you Wallace,"

Flora said as she breathed out.

"I thought it was someone else."

"Sorry."

I replied I stood up and walked to the door.

"Are you hungry?"

Flora asked, I nodded and she escorted me down to the kitchen. She made eggs and we all ate quietly.

"I'm going to town to get some medicine for Bonnie,"

Flora announced.

"Wallace do you want to come with me?"

"Sure."

I smiled at her. After we all finished Flora got me some warmer clothes and we headed to the stables. She gave me the saddle and I rode Warrior and she rode Midnight. When we got to town we went to the apothecary's stand. Flora managed to get her hands on some things and it was expensive. I felt like it was my fault so, when she put her purse back into her basket I slipped some money in it.

As we were walking back to the horses it started to rain a lot.

"Maybe we should rest here and leave in the morning."

I suggested.

"That's probably safer."

Flora added. We got the horses and looked for an Inn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonnie's POV

I went for another and again it went rotten and fell on the floor. I did that again and again until there were only two, I reached one and it didn't rot, I reached for the other and it didn't rot either. Now I had a 50 50 chance. I picked the one on the left and was about to take a bite when the white horse knocked it out of my hands it rolled on the ground and into the thorns and started to bleed, then it rotted.

"Thank you."

I whispered into his ear and kissed his head. I remembered his leg and I healed it. I picked the last apple on the tree and pet the horse, then I took a bite and fell on the ground, unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wallace's POV

We found an Inn called 'The Highland Inn' and a nice stable beside it where we put the horses and I took off the saddle and we left them with hay. I walked in first and Flora followed.

"I would like to rent a room with two beds,"

The woman behind the counter nodded and passed us a key.

"We also have two horses in your stable."

She nodded again and handed me a piece of paper with the price. I gave her the money and grabbed the key.

"Okay, all good,"

I smiled at Flora. We walked up stairs to our room.

"Wallace you should have let me."

"No really Flora, it's fine."

I opened the door to the room and saw two single beds. Flora sat on the one closer to the door and I laid on the other one. We both got ready and slipped into the beds.

"Thanks for coming with me Wallace, I had a lovely day."

Flora said.

"I enjoyed myself as well,"

I replied.

"Good night Flora."

"Good night Wallace."

And with that drifted we both drifted to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N - Hello, I'm back and I hope everyone had a good summer and will have a good school year. This book is coming to an end so I'm going to try to finish it sooner rather than later. I am working on some other books that I'm excited to share. Hope you liked the chapter and keep reading 📖 love you all 💕