A Trip to Town

Bonnie's POV

I loved ever part of it riding over the hills and past the lochs it was the most amazing ride I had. The sun was shining and I could feel the soft warmth of sunlight on my skin. I started to slow down as I could see over the hill down at the town.

"Wallace you okay?"

I said looking over my shoulder and giggling.

"Yep I'm fine."

Wallace said happily smiling at me.

"Did you enjoy the ride?"

I asked cutely.

"Yes it was fantastic all the beautiful lochs, the highland cows, all the pretty hill and the beautiful daisy's."

Wallace responded kindly smiling still.

"Okay we are almost there, sorry if I was galloping too fast."

I said to Wallace giggling. Shadow started trotting down the hill and we made our way into the town. I slipped of Shadow and helped Wallace off as well.

There were florists, jewelry makers, bakers, butchers, green grocers, herbs sellers, horse sellers and so many people it was going to be a busy day.

Wallace saw that I looked a little nervous so he grabbed my hand and we started to walk through town, well I walked Wallace limped.

"I'm going to buy some herbs to help heal your leg."

I said to Wallace in a reassuring tone as I walked toward the herb seller, Wallace limping behind me.

"Hello do you have any herbs for a broken leg?"

I kindly asked the herb seller, as she was rummaging through the case looking for something.

"Yes, indeed I do here take this one. Just put it in boiling water and let it soak in, then let it cool a little bit and pour it on a towel and wrap the towel around your leg. It will take about 9 - 10 weeks to heal. You can also buy some bandages and this will work better than the towel this will take around 6 - 8 weeks. If you don't put too much pressure on to it."

The kind lady said confidently.

"I'll take the herbs and the bandage please."

I say smiling.

"Okay great. That'll be 3 guineas please."

The lady said kindly. I started to reach into my pocket to grab some money a bit upset that it was costing so much until I saw Wallace put down on the counter 3 guineas. I looked at him shocked that he just paid for that but Wallace was just smiling.

We started to walk away from her stall and to a florist hand in hand.

"Wallace? Why did you pay, you should have let me."

I asked curiously.

"No it's my leg that's broken and you didn't do anything to it, you have let me stay in your house and take showers I should buy the medicine for me."

Wallace said charmingly I was looking at him smiling that I stopped listening without noticing because I was day dreaming.

"Yes okay... Okay..."

I said dreamily smiling.

"I need to buy something I'll meet you at the baker over to your left."

Wallace said sneakily.

"Umm... Okay see you in like 5 minutes."

I said curiously walking to my left to get to the baker. I wonder what he is buying, well i shouldn't look if he does not want me to. I think I'll go buy some food for lunch.

"Hello, Mr. Baker I would like to buy 2 sourdoughs."

I said innocently and smiling at him.

"1 crown please."

Said the baker with his hand out in front of me. I reached into my pocket and brought out a crown and placed it in his hand and grabbed my bread and I walked to the butcher. Here I wanted to buy some ham to put inside the bread.

"Ham please."

I said kindly to the butcher.

"2 shillings please."

The butcher replied smiling at me. I put down 2 shillings on the counter took my ham and started heading to the green grocer.

"Tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce please."

I asked a bit tired of asking for so much.

"1 guinea."

That green grocer said also looking dull. I put the guinea down and walked back to the baker. I saw Wallace there waiting for me.

"Hello Wallace."

I said grabbing his hand.

"Hello Bonnie."

Wallace said laughing a little.

"Let's go back and sit down at a nice view and eat some lunch."

I said happily smiling a Wallace.

"It's a plan."

Wallace said charmingly. I always liked his way with words. I thought smiling to my self. We were walking down and found Shadow eating some hay with some other horses and I helped Wallace up and I clambered on as well. Wallace was grabbing my waist because he was also holding some of the stuff we bought.

We rode again up hills and past lochs until we reached a nice area where no people really went and I got off Shadow and he followed me down to the loch with Wallace still on his back.

"So were here."

I said smiling at Wallace who was staring at the loch.

-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N
Hello sorry I couldn't update sooner I was so busy with homework and stuff that I had no time to write so here you go the next chapter. Just in case you don't know guineas and shillings are money (kinda obvious) that were used in the Victorian times and this is set around that time so yes. Thank you all for reading and please enjoy. Love you all 💕

P.S thanks for 60 reads I total I really only thought that my book was going to get like 10 so thank you all. 😁💕 xo