Chapter 20

Chapter 20

The next day, I was waiting for the My Chemical Romance concert, but it seemed like everyone around me was trying to drive me mad. We had arrived at the Three Broomsticks three hours early, but there was already a queue when we got there, so we got into the queue and just waited. Joe, Pete, Andy, and I continued to talk about the concert, but people were lining up behind us. One particularly emo-looking girl kept trying to shove us in order to get a better spot in the queue, but she was unsuccessful. Even she knew not to mess with Andy Hurley.

I heard Ryan and Brendon chatting behind us. "How's your leg doing, Ryan?" Brendon asked.

"It's better now that Madam Pomfrey mended it," Ryan said. "I thought I was mad as rabbits though. I was flying, and then it was like I crashed into an invisible glass wall."

"That's so weird!" Brendon exclaimed.

"I know, right?" Ryan said. "I still don't know what happened, but it cost us the match. We would have beat Gryffindor if I hadn't fallen."

The emo girl returned, and I got a better look at her. She couldn't have been older than twelve - certainly not old enough to venture into Hogsmeade - and she was deathly pale. She had long black hair, but the most surprising thing about her was her outfit. She was wearing a black corset, a black leather miniskirt, pink fishnets, and black combat boots. "Hi, my name is Enoby Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way!" she shouted.

"Hi Enoby," I said. "I'm Patrick Stump. Nice to meet you."

"Stupid prep," Enoby said. She put up her middle finger and turned to Pete. "I was talking to your goffik friend."

"First of all, that's my boyfriend," I said "Second of all, didn't you mean gothic?"

"I'm not gothic or goffik," Pete explained. "I'm just too emo to function."

"OMG, gay guys are, like, so hot!" Enoby said. "You know who else is hot? Gerard Way. He's got these piercing blue eyes and an amazing ethnic voice."

All of us looked at Enoby in confusion. "Gerard has hazel eyes," Joe pointed out.

"Didn't you say your last name was Way?" Andy said. "Wouldn't that make you related to him?"

"I'm not related to Gerard Way, but I wish I was because he's a major fucking hottie," Enoby stated.

"You know, Mikey's cute too," Geoff said from further back in the queue.

"Nobody cares, Geoff!" another Slytherin exclaimed.

Enoby continued to blab on about how attractive Gerard was, while we all ignored her. The queue still wasn't moving, and as I looked over at the clock, I saw that we still had another two hours before the concert was going to start.

Those hours drudged by, and Pete was attempting to entertain us by magically darkening his clothes and striking violent poses when we were finally allowed in. The Three Broomsticks was usually crowded, but with all of the My Chemical Romance fans, it was absolutely packed. I barely had room to breathe, much less actually see the band. I stood on my tiptoes, but once again, I was too short for my own good.

"There they are!" I heard Joe shout. He pointed towards the front of the pub, where Madam Rosmerta had Conjured up the stage that the band was going to play on.

I finally got a look, and I spotted a little bit of Ray's fro. "I think I see Ray!" I exclaimed.

I then caught a quick glimpse of bright blue. Gerard must have dyed his hair again, I thought. "Well, are you ready, Ray?" I heard him say into the microphone.

"Yeah," Ray responded.

"How about you, Frank?" Gerard asked.

"Oh, I'm there, baby," Frank said, smirking and taking a step closer to Gerard.

"How about you, Mikey?" Gerard said.

"Ready," Mikey said.

"Well, I think I'm alright," Gerard said. The sound of Ray's guitar filled up the room, and Pete began to jump up and down.

"THIS IS SO AWESOME!" he screamed, and in all honesty, I was getting pretty excited too. I couldn't help but sing along to nearly every song, from "Thank You For The Venom" to "The Ghost of You" to "Vampires Will Never Hurt You." I sang especially loudly when they played "Helena."

"I love this song!" I heard Enoby say. "It's so metal!"

"Heavy metal broke my heart," I mumbled under my breath as I listened in awe. The song was even better live.

Mikey happened to hear Enoby's comment, and once the song finished, he said, "That song was metal in the sense that we have metal in our instruments."

"Hey, bassists aren't allowed to talk onstage," Frank complained.

"That's offensive to bassists!" Pete exclaimed, and to be honest, nobody minded that he was the most talkative member of Fall Out Boy. If anything, he saved us from having to do all of that.

"Who said that?" Mikey said.

"Well, since we're having a break between songs, I can do this," Frank said. He leaned over and kissed Gerard, and then whispered something into his ear.

"We're playing a new song," Gerard said. "Tell us how you like it."

Turn away

If you could get me a drink

Of water 'cause my lips are chapped and faded

Call my aunt Marie

Help her gather all my things

And bury me in all my favorite colours

My sisters and my brothers

Still

I will not kiss you

'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you

"Hey Josh, I have a cool idea," Tyler said as My Chemical Romance continued to play. "When we're famous, we should cover this song and thoroughly ruin it for everyone."

"Sounds grand, Tyler," Josh replied.

My Chemical Romance finished the song, and then they launched right into "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)." Sadly, that was the last song of the show. Andy bought us all Butterbeer, and then we left the pub.

"That was an amazing show," Joe said as he sipped on his Butterbeer.

"Yeah, that was so cool," I replied. "I'm so glad we went." I smiled as the four of us entered the castle once again. It had been a truly glorious day.