Getting To Know You

Chresanto

It was the afternoon time and I was getting ready to meet Adalyenn for lunch. I was putting on my cologne when Jacob walked in.

"Mmmm you smell good." he wrapped his arms round me.

"Thanks, smellin' good for my bae."

"So I take it that your going to work again?" he asked.

Well......not really. I was going out with Adalyenn......but I don't wanna tell Jacob and then he gonna get all up in my case when there's really nothing going on. 

"Um, yeah it's gonna be another nighter so.....I'll call you when I'm coming through." I said.

"Thank you," he said and kissed me. "I gotta get the kids to school anyway.

"Bye daddy!" the kids said running into our bedroom hugging me as if on cue.

"Bye guys have fun in school ." I said and kissed their foreheads and they kissed my cheeks.

"Have fun at work." me and Jacob said at the same time making us laugh.

"Bye baby."

"Bye."

We all walked out the house and I drove my usual route but took a different turn and went to 'Starbucks' and then I saw Adalyenn sitting at a table.

"Hey." I greeted her walking to her. She smiled.

"Hey you, didn't think you were coming." she said.

"Are you kidding? I would wanna diss you like that," I laughed. "So what's new?"

"Nothing much just......hanging out with a friend."

"As am I."

Adalyenn is a real cool girl....nothing like any other girls I've know back in my teen years that would throw themselves at me. She's different, she's nice and sweet.

"So Chres.....you h-have a girlfriend?" she sounded kina nervous when she asked me this....why? I hope she ain't askin' that in order to get with me.

"Um no....actually-"

"Oh I know, your single." she said. Well I wasn't gonna say that. -__-

"Um no I-"

"Shhhhhh it's OK Chres....I'm single too." she gave me a smile and took my hand. "I always thought you were cute., I don't know why no one has snatched you up yet."

"W-Well you see I'm-"

"You wanna com over to my place?" she asked getting up from her seat. THIS girl.

"Um...sure." I said giving up on telling her....but I can't let her think I'm single....i'm married....to Jacob.

Jacob

I was at work....working on my best book 'Old Flames' and boy it's a great book. It's about these two friends that once dated broke up and soon reunited at the high school reunion.