Starting Today, You Are a Lonely Errand Girl!

When I was young and wild, my mind an endless hole that leads to an eternal abyss filled with things I learn, things I imagine, and things that I have done, my mother had taught me simple things in life

One was how to act towards people. And that was with kindness. You don't need to be directly kind, you don't need to constantly slap kindness at a person's face, but don't ever act towards someone that would ruin their day, even for just one second.

Always treat people the way you want to be treated, Léa, she had said one day. Who knows? You might be returned with a beautiful gift.

Sure, people may forget what I say to them. They may forget what I did for them. But they would never forget how I make them feel towards me.

And since I was Maman's young little sunflower, all I did was frown when she taught me the lesson, before thinking deeply.

"So, you're saying that I should help people whenever they need it?" I asked her, to which she nodded happily.

"Of course! That is a good example of a simple act of kindness, Sunflower."

Since I was such an intelligent child, I scratched my head with a frown. "So... You're saying that I should help a man in trouble... And he'll remember me when he's in trouble again?"

Maman sweat-dropped as she stroked her finger through my hair. "Yes... I suppose."

"But Maman. The reason people are alive in this world isn't because everyone is kind to each other. It's because it's illegal to shoot them," I reasoned, to which her eyes widened.

"L-Léa. I understand that, but I'm trying to tell you to be kind-"

I stared at the wall whispering words, causing Maman to shrink away. "Forgive your enemy out of kindness... but remember the mother-puffin's name."

Ha. I was such an adorable child with an innocent mind. Sometimes, I wonder where I get my weird and wild personality from.

Back to the topic of killing people with kindness, I reminded myself of Maman's lesson today while walking down the main foyer in school, wondering what was being served in the cafeteria now that it was lunch.

It was a new day like any other, yet it was different. One, because I finally was able to spend time with René whenever we have class together, after class, anywhere in between, with a little room for him to be with his friends.

Which made me realize that other than him and the hosts, I had no friends that I had made my own. It will hopefully change soon for the better though.

And two, now that I had ditched the hoodie since I at least was able to find a few good people, as well as reunite with René, I guess people keep on stopping and looking at me when I pass by? I even heard whispers of my name here and there. I didn't think much of it though, and only had a smile plastered on my lips just to show that I'm not a bad person to hang around with.