Tired and Hungry, but at Least We're Not in Middle School

Warning: contains descriptive content that may upset readers

Middle school: a level between the innocent elementary kids and curious high schoolers. They start the year, ready to face the world and thrive for adventure until their minds slowly descend to stress and anxiety. They begin to become the walking dead, either because the school injected the parasite in them, or the student just plunged the injection within them since it's better than living through such a hell.

In the end, middle school is a disorderly place where you become the parasite.

A description that defines chaos, I know. But so is middle school.

I'm sorry. I just hated middle school.

The teachers were extra strict with our studies and dress codes, there's no room for dreams for the students who clung to them after freely shaping them in their younger years, especially when the adults were the cause of their encouragement.

Anyway, it was my second month studying in the expensive private school, and I was extremely ready to jump off the roof of the school. Perhaps do a flip, for if I were to leave, might as well do it in style.

Until came the day when I decided to walk into my class, not realizing I was in the wrong one until the teacher took the attendance in the end.

Of course, I didn't question the teacher's identity, for maybe she was a substitute. As for my classmates, I never really did put in the effort of making any friends, since they usually come running to me just to befriend me. So sitting in class as though nothing was out of the ordinary was like any other day for me. Except the subject was Introduction to Business.

Although I was confused as to what was going on, I didn't speak up and looked around, wondering what the hell is happening, but remained silent. And for the first time, on that very day, was when I wished my brother was with me.

But as time passed by, where I had no choice but to pay attention to the subject, it actually started to become interesting, for the topic was Entrepreneurship.

What a long word. But, it truly was an intriguing one.

And the more the teacher dragged on about it, with half the class snoozing on the subject while another few started passing notes, I couldn't help but pull my notebook out and start taking notes, starting from specific keywords that either the teacher noted were essential to the lesson or ones that I didn't know the meaning of. In the end, the teacher seemed quite delighted by how interested I was, as well as the reasonable questions I asked that she was glad to answer.

Little did I know, that would be my first and last Introduction to Business class. 

"Whoever I hadn't called for attendance, please raise your hand," the teacher spoke up as she scribbled in the attendance list. But when she looked up, she raised an eyebrow when seeing my arm the only one that was held high in confusion. "I'm sorry, dear. I must've skipped you. What's your name?"