A Mischief Deal Doesn't Make You a Romantic Egoist!

I followed where Haruhi ran off to outside the school after excusing myself from everybody

I followed where Haruhi ran off to outside the school after excusing myself from everybody. It worried me to see how red her face was while her temperature was quite high. Even though she seemed to have fallen in love with my brother, one of the symptoms being a high temperature, it is clear that her sickness isn't only because of him.

Noticing her take a left turn from a few feat away, I did as well, only to come across an all girl's school.

A typical... Japanese school...

Losing sight of Haruhi, I walked through the gates into the school, not caring a bit about the girls that began whispering about me. All I could think about was why would my sick friend casually walk inside this specific school?

"Wha! She looks like a celebrity!"

"A foreigner!"

"She's from Ouran! Look at her uniform!"

"The one for rich kids? No wonder!"

I grunted in dismay before reaching an empty corridor a few floors up the school, stopping to lean against the window sill.

Where is she?

Ah! My phone!

Without wasting a second, I reached inside my pocket and pulled out my cell phone and flipped it open before dialing Haruhi's phone number. Why didn't I think of this before?

I waited for a few seconds before she picked it up. "Hello?"

"Haruhi," I breathed in relief. "Where are you? I've been searching for you this whole time."

"Oh... Really? I'm sorry... I just happened to run across Mei. Now I'm headed home," she sighed after lightly letting out a cough. "I suppose we shouldn't have read the magazine till midnight, huh, Nanami-senpai?"

I chuckled, glad to hear that she was okay. "No, it helped us reach the answer we've been looking for. Now go home and rest. I'll inform Kyoya that you're sick."

"Oh, thank you, Nanami-senpai. But what about you? You're sick too," she replied back in worry.

"I know. But I can't afford to waste another day of school over some silly cold. I'll just rest when I get back home," I said as I checked how high the sun was.

It seemed to be high in the sky compared to when I first entered the school. Must have been quite a while since I've been here.

"Since you're okay, I'll talk to you later."

"Okay. Thanks for worrying about me," she stated then cut the call.

Flipping my phone shut, I sighed and placed it back in my pocket, thinking about what I told Haruhi. The fact that I reached the answer I've been looking for... I still can't get over that.

All I could do now is step back and watch him with Tashina, knowing that there is no hope for me to be with him. But... if I hadn't left for France, then we would have spent more time together, right? And if Tashina never came to Japan, would he have had feelings for me just as much as I do for him?