when life's a party, but you feel like the piñata

I am someone who loves when I am not returned any love

It's a curse that I live with, and sometimes, I hate myself for that.

Sometimes, it comes down to the question of why I'm incapable of being loved. Am I raised unloved? Or was I born to be unlovable?

Why... can't I be loved?

I just want to be wanted. To be loved. Is that too much to ask?

I want to talk about it. To someone... anyone. But no one ever asks... Cruel, but it's true. No one ever asks.

It's kind of an ironic joke really...

The one who has the most friends doesn't fail to feel the most loneliest.

I blew my nose against the tissue while snuggled under thick blankets on a bed alone in the nurse's office. My health didn't come down to a cold, but the nurse allowed me to stay for a few periods until I felt a little better. I have a strong immune system, so with a small bit of rest will I spring up again.

I'm afraid we won't be able to do our daily dose of Jouri's Scrutinies however... Not while I'm in this state. Besides, it's not like we have a topic to cover anyone, considering the fact that I'm alone.

"Anyone in here?"

Well then.

I spoke too soon again, haven't I?

The annoying voice then continued on from what I assumed was the entrance of the office. "I need a band-aid."

Oh no...

Of all the people...

It just had to be him.

Especially when I'm in this state-

Ugh... He better not come here and find me like this. I lack the energy to bark back insults.

The echoes of footsteps disturbed the quiet air, each step haunting me as I laid on bed, shielded to be seen thanks to the closed curtains, but knowing him, it's only a matter of time before I'm discovered.

Like karma, a sneeze suddenly escaped me. And not just any sneeze...

"Hang on, I know that sneeze..."

Indeed. It is what it is.

I have a signature sneeze. The kind that sounds like-

"Ka-chu!"

The curtains slid open to reveal the one and only annoying boy, grinning widely in amusement over my shrunken state. "Your Pikachu sneeze couldn't keep you hidden for long, huh, Tanuki?"

Groaning in defeat, I groggily looked up at him, then turned the other way to not see his dumb face. "Go away, kaeru. I'm not in the mood..."

I could feel my insides burning yet my body shivered like I was in the middle of the Arctic. My breath came out in soft pants as beads of sweat kept trailing down my forehead. The world was kind of a blur, and if anything, this moment felt that way too.