A Villainous Queen and a Shadow King Make a Dangerous Duo!

In this world we live in, we are all made of our own personalities

In this world we live in, we are all made of our own personalities. As a child, I assumed a personality would be made the way you mold it to be. However, my mama taught me that it wasn't the case.

"See, Sunflower? You like to make food, and share it with those you love," she explained as we dined together one fine Summer's day. "You like to tend to the flowers and vegetables with the gardener, and learn different pieces of the piano on your own... And you like to learn the ways of a princess~!"

I watched her as she spun her fork against her spoon to tangle in as many noodles before taking a bite. After reflecting her actions, I munched appreciatedly.

The herbs full of flavor sprinkled in the noodles slathered with buttery sauce... Haaa. Today's dish tastes like heaven~

"What do you think I'm made of?" Maman spoke, grinning as she wiped my buttered cheeks while trying hard not to swoon. "Can you tell?"

I gazed up at her, the both of us reflections of each other. Me being her past, while her being my future. We may appear the same, but we couldn't be any more different.

Beaming up at her, I giggled, "Maman loves Léa."

"That's right~" she cooed, peppering my face with kisses that I squealed to. "Maman loves Léa and René~!"

"No, no. Just Léa."

"Mm-hmm~! Léa and René!"

"Maman!" I whined, only making her chuckle.

Leaning in, she tilted her head, although expressing delight, the light in her eyes shifted to something completely else. "Hmm... Léa, would you mind telling me something else?"

I nodded hesitantly, sensing the shift in mood as though it was a sixth sense. I mean, don't all kids have one when their mother's lightheartedness changes to something else?

"Tell me," she murmured, leaning toward me with the sweetest smile, "why are you not eating your tomatoes?"

A shaky breath escaped my throat after attempting to gulp down my fear. I could feel sweat gather on my forehead as I slowly looked down at my plate to see the cherry tomatoes shifted to one side of the plate, where it's to remain untouched.

I thought my cute attitude toward her would make her forget about it or simply give me a pass.

But no. She's noticed, and there's nothing else I could do but free fall right into this pit of shame.