Final Level: Boss!

"Sorry... But I think she needs more time. After what happened, she suddenly became that way."

Staring outside the window with the envelope in hand, I rubbed my dry eyes, red due to the number of tears that ran down my cheeks.

"But what exactly did happen, dear?"

"Pardon, Mother?"

"Reine seemed fine when the police were taking the three away... although she did seem sad... But it's been a week since the incident. Surely this cannot be her after effect."

Although Mrs. Akame spoke to Tashina through the phone outside of the bedroom I sat in, I could hear every single word she spoke.

Is it just me, or do all adults talk with the speaker on?

"I'm not sure, Mom. She looked away the moment I asked her what's wrong... I want to be there to support her now! But she kept on locking herself up and avoided eye-contact!" Tashina explained, sighing. "Maybe it was for the best that I give her some room..."

I pursed my lips as I opened and closed the envelope while tracing the cursive letters written delicately in ink.

"You did what you could, Tashina dear. I'll make sure nothing like this would happen again."

"Thanks, Mom... I'll talk to you later."

After Mrs. Akame answered back with a goodbye, footsteps came from outside before the door was lightly knocked. It then opened, revealing a very worried Mrs. Akame accompanied by the mansion's main butler, who held a tray of food.

"Hello, Reine," she said with a smile as she approached me. "Is it alright if I could sit with you?"

I glanced at her and nodded, a small smile on my lips as well.

After he placed the tray of food on a small coffee table, the main butler bowed. "Enjoy your meal," he stated, grinning as our eyes met before exiting.

Right when the door closed, Mrs. Akame sighed as her shoulders dipped, before undoing the zip of her dress. Without hesitation, she pulled her beautiful long pink dress off, uncovering a long loose white shirt with sweatpants. "Don't mind me, Reine. I just need to get things off my shoulders as well."

I snorted, quickly looking away after she threw herself on my bed, spreading her arms out while letting a long exhale.

"A daughter's wardrobe is the best," she murmured to herself, curling up until our eyes met. "Don't tell Tashina."

"Okay," I chuckled, tired.

She smiled back before sitting up and hugged a pillow. "So, Reine... Can you please answer truthfully about a question I'm going to ask you?"

Frowning, I slowly nodded, confused as to why she suddenly became so serious.

She stared back at me, as if scanning my every movement. "All I need is a yes or no... Or an explanation would do as well."

I nodded to that as well, leaning forward from the window-seat I was sitting on, ready to answer whatever she would throw at me. "Of course..."

"Are you..."

I gulped, biting my lower-lip as she leaned forward, the seriousness rising.

"Are you and that boy named Kyoya a couple?"

I gasped, taken aback as I raised my hands. "N-No! Why would you ask that?" I stammered, before blinking when her words replayed in my head. "Kyoya and I...?" I murmured, not able to hold it in anymore.