III.

Beyoncé.

"KeKe!!!!!!" I yelled and got out to hug him.

"Wassup, Bey." He said doing the west side thing then catching me.

"Where have you been?" I asked mugging him

"I've been chilling, homie. Fucking bitches, getting money!" He laughed and tried to high five me.

"Uhh no. Fuck bitches, get STDs."

He straight faced me and put his hand down. "Why would you jinx me like that?"

"Knock on wood."

We both laughed and he started leaning on my car.

"How's lil Bey?" He asked and I immediately started smiling.

"She's good. I love her more and more everyday."

"That's cute. Where is she now?"

"With her father."

"You need to leave that fuck nigga alone."

"You know I can't, and at the end of the day he is still the father of my child."

"True. You been fucking with him?" He asked and I started looking around. "Beyyyyyy!"

"Well I didn't have sex with him... just a little head action. But, when he tried it again, I shut him down."

"I really don't want you laying with a clown like him."

"Watch how you talk about him now." I joked.

"My bad, my bad. I'm just telling you how it is because I care. I know what he want-"

"Thank you, Keenon." I said cutting him off.

Keenon and I ended up getting really close. Over the course of a year or so, he became my best friend. It's always good to have a male opinion, or so I thought.

The worst thing about telling relationship problems to outsiders is that you may forgive but, they won't.

And sometimes it leaves you looking dumb. You cry over this same person and they continue to hurt you, yet you continue to entertain them.

Love is strange.

"What you thinking about?"

"Nothing."

He sucked his teeth. "I know you like the back of my- hold up." He said and answered his phone.

"Yo... booling... right now?... aight... bool." He hung up and slid his phone back in his pocket.

I looked up into his eyes. "Be careful, aight?"

"I already know the speech, mom."

I laughed. "Shut up."