XII.

Jay.

"I just want you to know that I love you, and I took care of it." I told her in a soothing tone.

"You were supposed to take care of me." My heart broke at the sound of her voice. So soft and filled with sorrow. If it were possible to make me feel any worse, that would have done it.

"I can't tell you how sorry I am." I kept rubbing her back.

She shook her head. "I love you," she cried. "And-And thank you for saving me."

"I love you too."

"I was mad at you, I had no reason though because you didn't do it. I can blame it on anybody I want... but I know it's my fault."

"Stop, babe. It's not your fault at all."

"Yes it is!" She cried and hit me. "I shouldn't have went over there! I should've told you what happened from the beginning! I shouldn't have ever been friends with him!"

I just pulled her closer to me and let her cry even more. Until she fell asleep.

Beyoncé

I sat up in my bed playing with Peyton. She was telling me about something and she was going off. "Oh really?" I asked and she kept going. "I'm saying!" I agreed, smiling.

She laughed making me laugh. As much as I want to lay around and cry, I know I can't. Life goes on, ya'know?

"Bey, I brought you some chicken and waffles." Jay said coming in with a plate.

"I'm not hungry." I mumbled looking down at my hands.

"Please try to eat a little bit. You haven't eaten in days."

"Okay." He put the plate down on the nightstand next to me.

I haven't even had the urge to eat, food is like the last thing that crosses my mind.

I cut off a piece of waffle and ate it. Then, I cut off another and gave it to Peyton. "Mmm!" She said really loud, causing Jay to look up.

"Are you seriously feeding her your food?" He laughed.

I smirked. "Sharing is caring."

"You not going to get full by feeding her, Bey."

"I'm just not hungry, okay?"

He put his hands up. "Okay, okay."

"Can you put a movie in? I want to take a nap."

"A nap?" He looked at the clock. "You just woke up." I just looked down. "But if you want to take a nap, I'll just take P and put a movie in."

"No, I want her." I said holding on to her tighter.

"Aight. What movie?"

"Mmm... about last night."

He put the movie in and stood in the doorway until I looked up at him. "Uh, you want me to go?"

"No, you can watch too."

He sat in the recliner chair and kicked his feet up. Pretty soon, Peyton and I both fell asleep.

"Hey, Bey. I haven't heard from you in a while."  Zara said as soon as I walked in.