XXIII.

Jay, 1:28pm.

Beyoncé had her legs thrown across my lap as we sat on the couch minding our business. She had a laptop in front of her, searching places to move, and I was watching football.

"Babe, I changed my mind. I don't want to move that far."

"Soo... where you thinking now?"

"New Jersey? Virginia? Pennsylvania?"

"So right down the street." I laughed.

"Yeah, So?"

"Wherever you find a nice house will be cool with me. We can get it poppin' as soon as you do." I looked over at her and she was smiling.

"I'm excited. This is how excited I was when I moved to New York, except this time I have my own family."

"Hopefully everything works out as planned." My phone vibrated with a text message and I had to move her feet in order to get my phone out of my pocket.

"Who's that?" She asked.

I read the message again and again. "Nobody, baby." I lifted her feet up. "I'll be right back, I gotta make a call."

I stepped outside and dialed the number. "Who this?"

"It's Jay, fam. I ain't going to be able to make this drop tonight, y'all gotta find somebody else."

"Nah, we need you."

"I can't do it."

"You have to, they already know who you are. If we send somebody else it could be problems."

"I don't care about this shit no more, yo. I have more important things to deal with, I'm not doing it."

"Bet." He said before hanging up. I quickly texted TyTy and let him know that I wasn't doing that shit anymore. Of course he doesn't believe me.

I stepped back into the house and Bey hadn't moved a muscle. "What you find so far?" I asked sitting back on the couch.

"Some nice looking houses in Pennsylvania."

"That's cool, put that down and come here."

She placed the laptop down on the floor and crawled into my lap. "You're so beautiful." I said looking at her.

She blushed. "Thank you."

I put my hands in her sweatpants and just held her ass. "I just wanted y'all in my arms."

She put her face in my neck and kissed it. "I want something in me." She mumbled.

"Oh yeah? What's that?"

"It's something you can give me, daddy." She said moving back and forth slowly.

"Tell me what it is," I said biting my lip.

"Some food because we hungry." She laughed but I didn't.

"You play all day."