VI.

Beyoncé.

"So just like that? Y'all are magically back together like nothing happened?" Kelly asked drinking from her Starbucks cup.

I sighed and rolled my eyes at her. "It's not like that. I love him, I always have."

"You said it yourself, love ain't always enough."

"I know, but I think he's really going to change this time."

"Beyoncé, honey. You've been saying this for what? Almost 2 years now?"

"Whatever, I'll just give him one last chance. If it doesn't work then it's because of God."

"Okay, sister Knowles." Kelly joked.

"Where's my baby?!" Zara said pouting as she walked into my office.

"With her father and uncle." I told her and she sipped her imaginary tea.

"Tell her Bey.."

"We-" I started.

"They're back together!" Kelly blurted out, cutting me off.

"Wow! You owe me 10 bucks." Zara said to Kelly.

"What the hell? Y'all was betting on me?"

They looked at each other and back at me. "No." They said at the same time.

"Y'all ain't shit." I laughed shaking my head.

*
I knocked on Jay's door and waited a few seconds before walking in.

"What's up, Bey." He greeted when he saw me.

"Hey," I said and gave him a kiss. I pulled the chair next to his bed and sat down watching tv.

"What?" I asked looking at Jay who has been staring at me. "Nothing, you're just so damn beautiful. You deserve the world."

I blushed and looked away from him. "I'm not even just spitting game, Ma. Like..." He shook his head. "you don't even know."

"Oh, shut up." I giggled. "You ready to go home?"

"Yeah, today the nurse helped me walked around the halls. She said tomorrow I shouldn't need to use the walker but, I might have a limp."

"When can you leave?"

"In 2 more days. They have to make sure I'm good I guess."

"That's not bad, how you feel?"

"Fine, I'm ready to go. I can't make money being laid up in here."

I nodded but I didn't say anything because it was about to be smart. I don't want to start any arguments in here.

"Ima find a job." Jay said softly.

I internally rolled my eyes and nodded. "I hear you."

"I'm dead ass."

"Okay, Shawn."

"See you doubting me already."

"I said okay, did I not?"

"It was the way you said it though."