XXIV.

Months later.

"This is it, huh?" I looked around the empty house. It was actually great, it looked really nice. Inside and out.

"Yeah, this is it. This is us."

I laid my head on his shoulder. "The boys will love it."

"They will." He rubbed my stomach. "Y'all hear this? We got y'all a new house to tear up."

I chuckled. "Silly."

"Ma ma!" Peyton yelled causing us to hear her echo.

"Yes, baby?"

She pointed at something and took off running. I chuckled and we both followed behind her.

She stopped at the back door and pointed at the pool through the screen. "Look!"

"It's a pool, baby. We can go swimming when it gets clean. It's yucky!" I told her making a disgusting face.

She laughed and tried to copy me.

"Hello?" We heard.

Jay went back to the door and saw it was the movers. "What's up, guys. This is my wife, she will tell you where everything needs to go."

"Mrs. Carter, right?" One said shaking my hand.

I smiled. "Yup."

Even though we weren't technically married yet, I already loved hearing him call me his wife. It had me smiling like a fool.

"Okay, Bey?" Jay said waving.

"Huh? What?"

"Peyton and I are going grocery shopping."

"Oh lord. Don't go crazy with the snacks, Shawn." I said seriously.

He laughed. "I'm not, chill out."

"Okay, get bread and butter pickles." I puckered my lips and he kissed me.

"Okay, call me if you need me... if anything happens. I don't know these people."

"I'll be fine, baby. I promise." I kissed Peyton's cheek and they left.

"Uh uh." I said looking at how they we're setting up the furniture. "The couch can't go there, it's going to slide all over the place. Put it against that wall please." I said pointing.

"Yes ma'am."

"And the recliner is for daddy only, therefore it should have the best view of the TV."

"Gotcha."

"And people should be able to reach the table if they are sitting on the couch. It's too far away."

"We'll get right on that."

"And the-" I stopped looking at my ringing phone. "Hold on."

"Hello?" I smiled.

"Hi, honey. How is it going?"

"It's going great, mom. I'm so excited to start a new life in a new place with my new family."

"I'm happy for you..." she paused. "I've never been this far away from you."