XVII.

Beyoncé.

I rolled over in bed noticing it was empty. I stretched my body out like the horizon and got up to handle my morning business.

Once I was finished I grabbed Jay's black v-neck from the recliner and threw it over my body. I followed the smell of bacon and pancakes to the kitchen where my fiancé was standing over the stove shirtless. I had to stop and admire his figure. No, it wasn't perfect but it was just right for me.

I bit my lip at the fresh scratch marks on his back and the purple passion marks on the side of his neck.

"Good morning." He said without turning around. I went over and wrapped my arms around his waist, laying my head on his back.

"Good morning."

"How are you feeling?"

"Better than I've ever felt." I answered honestly.

"That's good."

"Thank you."

He turned around to face me. "For what?"

"For just being here for me and helping me through a tough time."

"You don't have to thank me for that, that's what I'm supposed to do."

"But I'm still grateful." I said wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him sweetly.

He lifted me up by my thighs, sitting me on the counter.

For a second we just held each other. "But are those strawberries though?" I said eyeing them.

"Here." He said after dipping one in whipped cream and bringing it toward my mouth.

They were already in the refrigerator sitting in sugar so it was lit.

"I know you like strawberries."

"I love strawberries." I stressed.

He fed me another one and I slowly sucked on his finger. "Girrrll..."

I laughed. "I'm hungry."

"Nobody told you to get your ass up before I came and got you."

I groaned. "How much longer, baby?" I asked being dramatic.

"Do I have to send you back upstairs?"

"No." I sucked my teeth.

"Then be patient."

He went back to the stove flipping everything over and stuff. An eternity later, he was brining me a plate. It had strawberry pancakes, cheesy eggs, bacon, and grits on it.

I like sugar grits and cheese grits, to be honest. I don't know how people only like one or the other.

"Come sit with me." Jay said after he fixed his own plate. I hopped down from the counter and sat on his lap. "This isn't really what I meant."

"Oh well. I'm here now." I shrugged.

He shook his head and tried to eat around me.

"Ugh, this is so good." I stuffed more pancakes in my mouth.

"I don't know why you act like I can't cook."

"I never knew."

"I ain't the best, but it don't taste too bad." He laughed.

"Whatever. I can't tell if it's good good or if I'm just hungry."

"It's both."

"What are we doing today?" I asked once we were finished eating. I collected both of our plates and started to do the dishes. Well, just load the dishwasher.