XIV.

1 week later, Sunday.
Jay, 12:52pm.

"Beyoncé, let me go." She shook her head and held me tighter. "I'm trying to cook." I reminded her.

Still, she shook her head and didn't let me go. Ever since she came back from her first therapy session she's been this clingy. I really don't mind it too much though.

"You're in the way, Bey, you can hold me all you want after I put this lasagna in the oven."

She sighed and walked out of the kitchen, dragging the blanket behind her.

I quickly finished up, putting the last bit of cheese on the top. I looked through my cabinets and sprinkled some green stuff on there for effect.

After I put it in the oven, I washed my hands and went to the living room where Bey was.

I sat next to her and she immediately wrapped herself around me. "Hey."

"Hey." She responded.

"You aight?"

"Yeah."

"When you want to pick Peyton up?"

"Mama said she's bringing her over after they eat."

I nodded and took the remote from her hands. She pouted, but didn't say anything.

"I just put the lasagna in so it's lit."

"It better be lit."

"I learned from my mom, I know it's lit."

My phone started vibrating on the table causing us both to look down at it. I leaned to get it but I couldn't reach. "Babe, let me go for a second."

Of course, Beyoncé being stubborn, shook her head no.

"It's TyTy."

She shrugged. I grabbed her and held her while I stood to reach my phone. I just missed the call by a second. I decided to just text him to see what he wanted.

I put my phone next to me and Bey got comfortable again.

"You good?"

"Yup."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Because you won't let me go."

"I'm making up for lost times. I could stop if you'd like." She said as she started removing herself from my person.

"No, stop!" I quickly grabbed her. "I like it."

"I'm tired, baby." She got all the way on my lap and put her face in my neck.

I smiled a little because she called me baby. It's been so long since I've heard that.

"Go to sleep." She kissed my neck softly and I played in her hair until she was out.

"Ma Ma!" P yelled walking in with Ms. Tina.

"You don't see daddy, little girl?" I asked and she just giggled.

"Boy, why you got this girl in your lap like she some type of baby?" Tina asked.

"She is some type of baby; my baby." I smiled.

Tina laughed hard. "Head ass."

I gasped. "Well then."