XXV.

Jay.

I stretched my arm out to touch my wife, but I felt nothing. Peaking my eyes open, I realized she was gone.

Maybe she was making breakfast or something. I got out of bed and made my way into the bathroom to handle my business.

I came back out and Bey was on the phone. "Good morning." I whispered to her before kissing her lips and rubbing her stomach.

She only smiled and continued to talk on the phone. I followed her around silently and waited for her to be done.

As soon as she ended the call, she squinted at me. "Why are you following me around?"

"Baby, I'm hungry." I whined.

She busted out laughing. "Go make something to eat then, lazy!"

"It tastes better when you do it."

"I had some cereal. You can have the same thing."

"But can you fix me a bowl of cereal though?"

She rolled her eyes and went to the kitchen. I followed her and sat at the table, waiting for her to finish.

"Here, little boy." She said placing a bowl of Apple Jacks in front of me.

"Thanks, little girl." I smiled.

"What you want to do today?"

"We can go explore and get familiar with the surroundings, you know?" I suggested.

"That sounds good. Let me go get dressed, put clothes on my child when you finish eating!" She said running upstairs.

"Look who's ready?!" I smiled looking at her

"Look who's ready?!" I smiled looking at her. "Who we waiting for?"

"Mommy!"

"That's right. We always waiting for her."