Chapter 8

I was feeling great when I woke up. Smiling, I stretched my arm to my right only to find the place empty. Frowning, I sat up and looked around for Amber. Maybe she left for the hospital.

As I got up, wrapping the sheet around my torso, the door flung open and Amber came inside.

Oh, so she didn't leave. But she was dressed for work. "Good morning, please get freshened up, I'll prepare breakfast." She said as she opened the curtains to let the sunlight flood in. My arm instinctively went up to hide my eyes from the stinging rays of the sun.

"You need to get ready too, I have a job interview scheduled for you at Peterson's Corp. At 9 am sharp." She rambled on. I cleared my throat.

"Okay," I croaked and went to the bathroom. I noticed that my toilettery items were neatly placed beside the vanity and shower tray. I smiled. My wife is indeed an organized person. She's alteady making me feel well at home. After takings a shower, I came out of the bathroom, thinking of pressing a suit for my interview only to find a grey suit, starched and pressed, lying on the bed. A huge smile danced on my lips.

Oh Amber. She's so caring.

I got dressed and went to the kitchen. The fresh smell of eggs and coffee was sublime.

"Hmm," I hummed deeply. Amber was busy by the counter. How much I wanted to see this scene; my precious wife preparing breakfast for me and I would come from the back and envelope her in my arms. As I approached her, she swiftly turned around. "Please be seated, I'll bring you your eggs and coffee in a second." She said hurriedly and rushed to the stove. I chuckled and came at her anyways.

As soon as my arms wrapped around her waist and my nose buried in her hair, she stiffened. "Good morning, love." I murmured alluringly. "Let's leave this for the bedroom," she said and removed my hands from her waist. I was surprised but it was expected. I glanced at my wrist watch. We had plenty of time. I gazed at my darling wife who was busy in making eggs, she looked different; they say that a newly wed Virgin maid blooms after her first night and maybe it's true because Amber looked radiant. Her tan skin caught a healthy glow. Her cheeks were slightly flushed and I might be wrong but her lips were full and pouting out. I smirked, feeling satisfied. But I wanted to look into her eyes to know what she was thinking about. I badly wanted to know what she was feeling about Mr right now.

I straightened behind her and leaned against the counter, staring her hoping to make eye contact with her.

But that wasn't what was making me feel awkward. I noticed that Amber wasn't making any eye contact with me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as a took a seat on the small dining table at the corning of the kitchen. My eyes were glued to her body that was contacted moving around.

"I'm fine. Now please eat up." She replied without looking at me and placed my plate and coffee in front of me. My stomach gladly anticipated the delicious food in front of me as it began to rumble. She sat opposite to me with a mug of coffee and a dossier in her hand.

"Can I have your phone please." She said so formally. I frowned slightly because her eyes were on the dossier. Shouldn't she be looking at me? This is our first morning together as true husband and wife but I couldn't help feeling that my wife is giving me the cold shoulder.

Maybe I wasn't gentle enough with her. Maybe I've hurt her.

I took her hand that was gripping the mug and placed my other hand on it. "What's wrong Amber? Why are you treating me so formally? Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt you?" I enquired honestly. She frowned and took her hand away. "Of course not. Everything is fine. And please don't talk about bedroom stuff outside. Right now we need to settle down a few important matters. So I need you to be serious as well. If I have a problem then I won't hide it and I will confront you around it." She said and looked straight into my eyes.