Chapter 26(M)

M SCENES IN THE END

ZAKRIYA ISLAM

I was so happy to hear her deliver this good news. I had prayed so hard for her wish to come true and Allah did not disappoint. Now I know that this will strengthen our bond and our relationship will head towards a more promising future.

Bree's attitude became so jolly and active ever since she found out that she was five weeks pregnant. It's been a week since she confirmed it with a pregnancy test. I was so happy as well that I couldn't stop myself from smiling that my cheeks would ache.

I know how desperately she wanted to get pregnant and now when she finally has, I've witnessed her tried self. When I look I to her eyes, there is the any barrier or any wall there anymore-- slowly her mask is slipping off and she doesn't even realize it in her moment of happiness. So I'm sure that after the baby is born safely inshaa Allah, I know that I'll slowly see the real Amber Zaid surface and that's whom I want to know.

************

My alarm sounded for Fajr. I sighed and turned it off. Turning to my side, I saw Amber sleeping comfortably. I said to her side and caressed her cheek. "Amber?" I whispered. Her brows furrowed slightly and her eyes moved until they opened. I kept caressing her cheek and smiled at her as those chocolate brown orbs stared at me.

"Will you pray with me today?" I murmured. She yawned and sat up. "Okay,"

I was surprised but glad. Previously she had rebuked my invitation but now she accepted it. Maybe she's feeling peaceful now that Allah has granted her the one thing she wanted most.

We both offered our Fajr prayers together. When I woke up again at 8 am, I found Bree all dressed up for work. We had a quite breakfast in which Amber made small talk quite animately. And I couldn't help but notice that smile on her face that made her look so much beautiful. I pray that from now onwards I always see her happy face and dazzling smile.
***********

AMBER ZAID

"Dr. Naseer, needed immediately at the OR!"

Today has been one hell of a day. A bus accident happened nearby and the casualties as well as victims were called in. I've been in the ER for the past sixteen hours. After conducting multiple surgeries today, I'm finally spent. My legs were completely swollen from standing for too long and my back was killing me. I needed to be careful since it was the early trimester but it couldn't be helped especially with the field that I'm in.

"Dr. Amber please prep for OR 3!" I heard the announcement. My sighed and jumped to my feet. My hip joints felt a certain pain in doing so but I had to get up. I went towards the OR and prepped for surgery. It was a patient with massive internal bleeding.

I got to work immediately and repaired the bleed that originated from a rupture in the lateral part of the spleen as well as the scenic artery. Everything was going g fine until the alarming sound of a red code shook my senses.

"Doctor, his BP is dropping! He's going into shock."

"There's got to be another major bleed!" I announced, my hands quickly going over his abdomen. "I need to find it and repair it!"

My heart was racing and a burst of adrenaline rush had my weariness out the window. My hands were beginning to shake with was successful I'm finding the bleed at the posterior side of the sigmoid colon. I need to same this life! I need to save this man.

"Doctor, you're bleeding. There's blood coming put of your thighs." my assistant whispered in my ear. My brain instantly knew what had come to pass but I pushed every other thought aside: right now, I needed to save this man's life.