Chapter 20 (M)

M scenes at the end

Last night's incident left me a little shaken—the last time I had an attack was almost five years ago when I was in College. But I wanted to thank Bree so much but she wasn't coming near me. We were still at the hospital because they wanted to keep me in observation for 24 hours. Thank God it's Sunday otherwise knowing Bree, she would've started work by now. "Okay, come on, let's get you home." She said as she entered the room and closed the door behind her. I was grateful, now I have my chance. I sat up on the beg and my legs hanged freely from the high bed.

"Bree," I said, catching her wrist. "What is it?" she said in monotone and checked my forehead and placed two fingers on the side of neck and glanced at her wrist watch."Okay, youre good to go. We can leave now." She said in a professional tone and was about to get away when I quickly wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close to my chest, her hands resting on my shoulders. She frowned and tried to get out of my hold but I only tightened my hold and leaned in closer to the crook of her neck.

"Z-zac?" she stammered, nervousness evident in her voice. I chortled—its amazing how much she has changed ever since the frst time I met her. I know that intimate contact always gets her nervous and on edge. I planted a sloppy kiss on her neck and inhaled her scent deeply—hmm, roses and grapes.

"Zac, not now. Let's leave this for the bedroom." She said, suddenly going stiff in my embrace. Going behind, she unlocked my arms and stared at me with a serious look. I pouted. This isn't fair. But she was right so I obliged. When we got home, I so badly wanted to hold her but she got busy in dinner preparations for her friends. "Can I help?" I asked.

"No it's okay. I'll take care of it. You go ad rest." She said, more like commanded. I folded my arms and leaned against the door frame; watching her do her stuff. It must've been five miutes or so when she stopped and sighed. Turning around with a straight face, she walked towards me and pulled me down with my collar until her lips crashed with mine. I smirked against her lips—yup, she's beginning to know what I want and how I want it. I quickly caught her waist and began to walk us towards the counter as we kissed. Sitting up on top of the empty kitchen counter, I loosened her ponytailed hair and ran both my hands in her hair as I further deepened the kiss. "You know," I panted, gazing into her soft brown orbs. "You almost killed me yesterday. You need to be punished." I chided and captured her lips again before she could react. Licking and biting her lower lips for access, I inserted my tongue and explore her delicious mouth—the mere taste of her was intoxicating. I heard her moan and continued my onslaught.

I don't get it though—she isn't half as beautiful as the type I prefer—to my past girlfriends, she doesn't even compare, but every time, my hear swells when I see her and I want nothing but to hold her, make love to her and to make her happy.

Is this love? Am I falling in love with my wife?

Maybe.

I felt my libido grow so I quickly broke the kiss. To my intense pleasure, she groan and unlocked her arms around my neck. "Best save this for tonight." I said and went out of the kitchen.

***********

Her friend, Haleema as Bree called her, arrived by 8 along with her husband. I was a little nervous but their carefree and friendly nature got me comfortable in mere seconds. The dinner went great—Bree made everything Pakistani and it was sublime. It was fun talking to them—Haleema was a psychiatrist and worked alongside Bree while her husband was a cardiologist. It was truly a pleasure getting to know them.

Bree was very quiet and busy in serving our guests so I helped her around—I felt her acting a bit strange when in their presence. I noticed the way she was looking at Haleema's husband, Raheel. And whenever he would address her, she would look at him with clarity and a half smile. It really set me on fire—why was she giving him a half smile when all she ever gives me is a small smile? It can't be only because he's our guest. No, I had a feeling that something was up. And what's with the stupid blush that she's putting on whenever she would talk to him? What the hell! Normally I would love her to blush because she seldom does it consciously but only for me and not for another guy. Her reactions were setting my blood to boil and extreme rage and jealous bubble n me.