Epilogue

10 years later

AYESHA ISLAM

"Well that's it for today. Please complete your assignments by Friday and submit them." Ma'am Huma announced but we were all too busy wrapping up our stuff.

Thank God! Another boring day at school is finally over.

"Hey birthday girl!" My friend Hira chirped from behind me as I packed my bag.

I turned around to face her and smiled at her. She was so lovely with her auburn blond hair and sparkling turquoise eyes.

"What are your plans for today?" She asked.

I shrugged nonchalantly. "Nothing special I guess." I said and jumped to my feet.

"Then come and chill out with me. Mum also said to invite you over." She said. I blushed hard and ducked my head as I pursed my lips together. You see, I had no problem visiting Hira's home. Her parents were so nice and super rich but the problem was her older brother, Ibteshaam. He was my crush since forever. And it was so hard for me to be around him especially since he's so aloof and mischeiveious. His twin sister Iqra is cool and I'm good friends with her too. Even their younger brother Haroon is sweet, but not Ibteshaam.

I believe he's my one and only. I fell in love with him at first sight when I was thirteen even though I was great friends with the twins since kindergarten. And lately, Ibteshaam has been avoiding me for some reason  whenever I visit them at home so I decided to give him some space.

But today I had really hoped he would come over to the academy and say hello or at least wish me on my birthday. Or maybe I'm just being too hopeful.

"Well? What do you say?" Hira's shrill voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"There you are!"

I stilled upon hearing his voice. I carefully turned around to face my crush who was walking in our direction. Oh my God, oh my God! Did Allah just hear my prayer? If so then I'm so grateful.

My heart did a little flip as I locked eyes with the dashing guy. He was only three years older then me and I was already head over heals in love with him.

Ibteshaam is attending IBA university. Of course, a jock like that, with a lean yet muscular body, brooding looks and piercing brown eyes, would never look at a kid like me. Yeah sure I had the Caucasian features that I inherited from my dad but I was very plain looking.

"Bhai!" Hira squealed and jumped in his arms. Ibteshaam doted over Hira. She was diagnosed with Leukemia when she was two years old and since then, Ibteshaam has been very protective of her even though she's still in remission.

"When did you get back?" She asked. He kissed her forehead and patted her head. "Just now, I thought I'd pick you up too since I was headed home anyway." He told. He raised his eyes from his sister and nodded in acknowledgement in my direction. I think my heart stopped just now.

"Oh okay well Ayesha was coming with me. It's her birthday."

"Oh," Ibteshaam exclaimed and gave me a small smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. "Happy birthday."

I blushed. I couldn't help but smile. "Thank you," I mumbled.

"So are you coming?" Hira inquired.

"Oh, well I'll go and ask permission from my dad first."

"Cool, I'll wait for you in my car."

I nodded and headed out. I could feel his heated gaze on my back as I left.