Chapter 21

ZAKRIYA ISLAM

It wasn't over yet. I was still very queasy knowing that Amber held feelings for another man and it was driving me crazy.

I turned around and saw her sleeping peacefully: i brought the quilt closer to her naked body and covered her well. Removing the wild whisps of hair from her face, i stared at her sleeping form. Okay i was jealous because i may possibly love my wife and even if i don't love her yet i know that i am loyal and faithful to her.

But what about her? I leaned in closer to her and lay a lazy kiss on her forehead. What about you Bree? Would it matter to you if i were to hold feelings for another woman? Or would it matter to you that i get enamored to another woman? The only way to answer these questions was for me to test her myself.

It was fajr time so i got up and retreated to the bathroom for gusl. I decided to offer prayers in the nearby masjid so i left. When i came back, i heard the soft movements of Amber in her study. She must be getting ready for work.

I laid back in bed and quickly texted an old acquaintance of mine. I started random chatting with her until Bree came. As soon as our eyes met, i saw her turn bright red. I smirked and got off the bed. She informed me of breakfast and retreated to the kitchen. Feeling self satisfied, i followed her. There was a lot of clacking sounds coming from the dishes. She was working so quickly that i feared she might break a few dishes in the process. Chuckling to myself, i knew when she's nervous. From the intense love making that we did yesterday,

Coming closer to her, i wrapped my arms around her waist and buried my face in her shoulder. She stiffened under my frame. "Relax babe, " i whispered in her ear, my lips brushing against her ear lobe. Her damp hair brushed against my cheek and i inhaled her fresh scent.

"I am relaxed. But you've left me sore. " she complained and removed my arms. I grimaced and went to the small dinning table at the corner of the small kitchen. We have breakfast here while our dinner and lunch is reserved for the dinning room.

I brought out my cell phone and answered Lisa's texts. I scoffed when i read one of her jokes and felt Bree's gaze on me. Glancing up at her, i smiled innocently. "Its my ex girlfriend. I haven't spoken to her in so long." I said, ommiting the part about me not talking to her in almost four years. I stared at her expression, expecting a reaction but she shrugged and nodded.

I frowned in disappointment: I was hoping that she would react badly or even violently yet here she was, completely unfazed and unresponsive. Shouldn't she feel threatened that I'm talking with my ex?

I swallowed against the lump in my throat and carried on my texting until i got bored and shoved my phone into my pocket. As i ate my breakfast, i saw Bree checking a file in her lap-- yeah, all that matters to her is her work. She wouldn't give a damn even if i were to start an affair, not that i would but i felt this desperate need to make her feel jealous or possessive or anything towards that could give me an indication that our relationship meant something to her.

Without a word, i felt for work.

************

AMBER ZAID

I began to clear the table when he left so quickly without finishing his breakfast. But my legs were still sore: even thinking about last night was so stimulating, i tried to control the stupid blush on my cheeks and quickly did my work.

He was angry and wild last night. It was as if he was taking out something on me and i could feel it from the intensity with which he made love to me last night. I couldn't exactly put my finger on it. He was behaving out of the ordinary especially around Raheel bhai. I couldn't fathom why. And with the way he had with me yesterday, i could've guessed as much as him being angry but why, i don't know.