The Mall

Chapter 9

The next day (saturday so yay no school!!)...

'MARK WAKE UP!' That was the first thing Mark heard before he felt himself being flipped on the floor.

'Get your lazy ass up I've been trying to wake you up for the past 30 minutes. And you've been ignoring me each time and I'm tired of waiting so GET THE FUCK UP NOW!' Taeyong was shouting and the younger boy who was currently sprawled on the floor half awake, not registering what was happening.

'huh what's happening am I late for class???' He scrambled up trying to get to the bathroom but tripping, his face meeting the floor for the second time that morning.

'Nope but we're going to the mall today and everyone's waiting for you because you just woke up.' The elder nagged as he helped Mark up and pushed him into the bathroom so he could wash up and they could leave.

•time skip - 10 minutes later•

'Yah Mark get in the car we've been waiting for so long already oh my god.' Yuta complained and whined at Mark, as usual.

Mark dragged himself to the car and sat next to Ten before putting his head on Ten's shoulder and sleeping yet again.

At the carpark of the mall...

'MARK WAKE UP WE'RE HERE!' Taeyong was shouting at Mark again and shaking him, trying to wake the sleeping boy up. 'I'll throw water on you if you're not up in 10 seconds.'

'Ooooh Mark you better get up, Taeyong's serious about that. He threw a bucket of ice water on me before, I'll never forget that.' Yuta shivered as he was recalling how cold the water was.

Mark slowly opened his eyes only to see all 7 of them staring back at him, 'I'm up, I'm up no need to throw water on me let's go shop or whatever.'

'Okay let's go then!' Yuta smiled cheerfully and started waking off towards the mall, hand in hand with Hansol.

At the mall...

'Taeyong let's go to the music store!' Ten shouted and pulled Taeyong away.

'Hansol omg let's go to the sweets shop!!!!!!!' Yuta shouted way too enthusiastically and dragged the protesting Hansol in the direction of the shop.

Mark suddenly heard a shriek and turned around only to see Jaehyun pulling Doyoung to the ice cream shop. He turned to Taeil realizing that it was just the two of them left.

'So, Taeil hyung where are you gonna go?'

Taeil's cheeks started turning red and he chuckled before quietly saying, 'I'm gonna meet my boyfriend Johnny.'

'Oh cool sure I'll just go walk around th- wait you're dating Johnny? As in.. The school's bully Johnny?' Mark's eyes widened in amazement as he stared at Taeil.

'haha yeah he's really nice actually... I was thinking of inviting him and his friends Sicheng and Kun along to the sleepover campfire thing on Friday but I was afraid of what the others would say.'

'Nah I'm sure they'll be alright with it, as long as they don't bully us it's cool! Just bring them along hyung! Now I won't keep you here any longer go find Johnny hyung.' Mark smiled as he shooed the elder away.

If the hyungs were going to leave me here alone why did they even bother asking me to come along... I could've been sleeping peacefully right now ugh. Forget it i'll just loiter around until they come to find me and bring me home.

Mark started walking around aimlessly but found himself in front of a shoe store after a while. He walked in and started looking at the Vans shoes trying to recall which colours he didn't have.

Someone tapped his shoulder and he turned around coming face to face with Jisung, Renjun and Chenle. 'Hello Mark hyung! What are you doing here?' They were all smiles while greeting him.

'Oh hi Jisung, Renjun and Chenle! Ah I'm just roaming around cos the other hyungs left me alone haha what are you guys up to?' Mark smiled back at them and answered them.

'We're just here to look for some new shoes and get a drink together! Would you like to join us?'

'Oh yeah sure why not! Are you guys getting Vans too?' They started getting lost in their talk of which shoe brand and colours would be best for each other before finally getting their shoes.

They walked over to Starbucks and found a seat before ordering their drinks. (A/N: I'm just gonna assign any drink to each one these aren't what they actually like bc idk 😹)

'Alright so Chenle- Caramel Macchiato, Renjun- White Chocolate Mocha, Jisung- Iced Vanilla Latte and I'll have a Mocha Frappuccino. Thank you!' Mark walked back to their table to wait for their drinks to be called out.

'Hyung! You like Mocha Frappuccino too? wow I didn't know that!' Renjun's looked at him in excitement.

'I like it too? haha who else likes it? I've loved it ever since I first tried it cos it's not fully coffee so it's great!'

'Donghyuck hyung likes it too, he too like you has loved it since he first tried it.' Jisung told Mark while tapping intently on his phone, probably playing a game.

Mark could feel his heart pounding and his face getting hot. Donghyuck likes it too? Woah I didn't know that we liked the same things... Same colours, same drink, same shoe brands, i wonder what else we have in common.

30 minutes earlier...

'Oh Mark Hyung you like Vans too? Woah Donghyuck loves Vans too! Which colour is your favourite?'

'Definitely blue it's such a calming colour!'

'Wow you like the exact same colour as Donghyuck Hyung too!!'

Back to the present...

'...Hyung, Mark Hyung? Hellooo Mark Hyung can you hear me??' Chenle was waving his hands in front of Mark's face.

'H-huh? O-oh sorry Chenle! What were you saying?' He shook his head trying to clear his thoughts.

'Oh I was telling you we need to go off already! We have to go home and meet the other guys already!' Chenle pouted while telling Mark.

'Ah sure! I should go find the hyungs too they're probably wondering where I disappeared to. See you guys at school on Monday then!' He waved at them while turning to walk in the other direction.

'Yo Mark where did you go? We've been looking for you for the past half an hour!' Ten suddenly jumped on his back from behind, shouting in his ear.

'Woah calm down hyung I was with Jisung, Chenle and Renjun at Starbucks. Why didn't y'all call me to come down?' Mark tried to walk to the rest of the guys while Ten was clinging on to his back.

'Oh we didn't think about that sorry but anyway what were you doing with them?' Taeyong started questioning him after prying Ten off the younger's back and as they walked to the car.

'Ah we bumped into each other at the shoe store and just helped each other choose shoes and had starbucks after, that's all.'

'Oh did they say anything about Donghyuck?' Taeyong smirked once again.

'Nah we didn't have that much time to hang out most of it was us trying to find the best shoe for each other!' He simply replied and Taeyong nodded before running off to start the car.

Yeah, I'm not gonna tell the hyungs that I have so many things in common with Donghyuck, I hope Jisung, Renjun and Chenle don't tell anyone either... I wanna just keep that to myself or well just the 4 of us so I can surprise Donghyuck in the future with a gift or help him buy his favourite drink so hopefully he'll like me as much as I like him.

But little did Mark know that Donghyuck already loved him the way he was even if he never knew what Donghyuck liked.

________________________________

hey guys so sorry I took so long to write this (I was having major writer's block and also this is just a filler chapter as I'm not sure when I can update next so it's kinda crappy sorry 😢) but this is the longest chapter I've written and I hope you guys like it!! ❤️