The Lesson

Chapter 12

Mark's side of the story

He checked his watch and saw that it was 4 minutes to 3pm. Donghyuck's bag was already there but where was he? Mark sighed and decided to take out his phone and check his instagram.

'...And I already told you I would text you who my tutor is when I find out!' Mark heard someone exclaiming outside the door and turned his head to face it, waiting for Donghyuck to enter. 'Anyway I'm here already so I'll text you later or tell you at the park alright?'

Donghyuck still didn't notice him. He continued talking to whoever was on the phone and Mark was wondering if he would ever turn around so they could start.

So he did the only thing he could think of, he cleared his throat really loudly and asked, 'Uhh Donghyuck? Are you ready to start the lesson?'

He saw the younger freeze up, his back still facing Mark. His friend was shouting down the line and even from where Mark was sitting he could hear each word clearly, 'DONGHYUCK? HEY DONGHYUCK ANSWER ME ARE YOU DEAD OR SOMETHING OH MY GOD JENO HELP HE ISN'T ANSWERING IS HE ALRIGHT???'

Hm when is he gonna turn around and face me. Mark thought to himself as he heard Donghyuck muttering something into the phone before keeping it.

He saw Donghyuck take a deep breath before turning to face him. 'Uh h-hi, I'm Lee Donghyuck.' He stammered before quickly making his way towards the chair opposite Mark.

Mark smiled at Donghyuck, happy that he could finally see the boy up close, 'Yes I know, Mr Kris already told me that you'd be the one I'm tutoring! For today we won't be doing much studying or well tutoring, I just wanna get to know you better so it'll be easier for us to get along with each other in the future!'

Donghyuck stared at Mark blankly for what seemed like hours before finally replying, 'Uhm sure! What exactly do you want to know about me?'

'Just introduce yourself and maybe tell me which subjects you need more help in, stuff like that!'

'Ah alright! Uh well as you know I'm Lee Donghyuck, 15 this year, I suck at Math and English so the only subject I'm good in is Music and Dance classes cos I'm quite a good singer and dancer. Oh and also sorry about bumping into you that day!' He started rambling on about himself unsure about what to say.

He looked up and saw Mark looking straight at him and he could feel his heartbeat rising quickly. 'Haha okay! Firstly it's alright don't need to keep apologising about that day it was partially my fault too! And secondly, I'm Mark Lee, 16 this year, and you're in luck because Math and English are my strongest subjects! I too love to dance and sing, although I do prefer rapping more.'

They started talking to each other about their interests, about which subjects they hated or loved, Donghyuck told Mark why he couldn't understand the subjects, they bonded over many things and before they realized it, it was already 4:30pm and the alarm came in the form of Jaemin calling Donghyuck.

'GET IT LIFTED!' Mark jumped from his chair and landed on the ground in shock from the sudden loud ringtone. Donghyuck quickly helped him up, noting how Mark's hand fit perfectly with his, before pressing the answer button to shut the phone up.

'DONGHYUCK ARE YOU DONE WITH YOUR LESSON? IT'S ALREADY 4:30PM WHY AREN'T YOU HERE?' Yup, you guessed it, Jaemin shouted at him again.

'Jaemin I told you I END at 4:30pm not that I would be there at 4:30pm why do you never listen to me?!' Donghyuck felt like dying right there and then because Mark was looking at him inquisitively, probably wondering why there was someone shouting down the line at him.

'Fine just be here before 4:45pm okay? Chen and Renjun needa be back home by 5:45 so get your ass here quick.' Donghyuck just quickly told him okay and ended the call before turning to Mark.

'Uh sorry Mark hyung I need to go already my friend needs me to be somewhere in 15 minutes...' He apologetically looked at Mark and was surprised to see that Mark was just smiling back at him.

'Sure it's alright! We can continue tomorrow! Are you heading to the park too?' Donghyuck's eyes widened as he stared at Mark.

'Ah yes I'm going to the park now.. How did you know I'll be heading there? Are you going there too?'

'I heard you talking when you were outside the door just now! And yes I'm going there too! Why don't we go together before we're late?' He smiled at Donghyuck hoping he would agree.

Donghyuck grinned, 'Sure of course hyung let's go!' Yes score I'll get to spend more time with Donghyuck and get to know him better.

•time skip•

'So Donghyuck you're going to the campfire sleepover this Friday right?' Mark decided to start a conversation with him.

'Yup I am, Renjun convinced me to go, and I have nothing to do at home anyway so I thought why not. Are you going?'

'Yes definitely sleepovers with the hyungs are the most fun things ever, you guys won't be disappointed at all, maybe a little shocked at how crazy they can get but you'll still have fun nonetheless.' He laughed recalling all the crazy things they did at sleepovers.

Donghyuck smirked and told Mark, 'Oh don't you worry Mark hyung, we'll be able to match up to them no problem.' Mark looked shocked at his answer but before he could reply Donghyuck suddenly said, 'Alright I've gotta go meet Jaemin already! See you tomorrow hyung!' And with that he disappeared into the park.

This is gonna be a really interesting week. He thought to himself before rushing off to meet Taeyong and the rest.

_______________________________

Hey guys! Here's a quick update as i'm not sure when i can update next! (hopefully by the end of this week 😭 also wow my titles are really boring ugh) Thank you for 2k reads and I hope you're enjoying the story!! ❤️