chapter 5

I don't know why I chose this song either,I may be insane. enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So we heard Loki was back?", Natasha's monotonous voice rings out. Clint stands beside her. His face devoid of expression although it had been three years since the Manhattan incident he hadn't forgiven Loki for mind controlling him.

Thor stands in the corner. He seems worried for Loki. Tony seems upset but puts up a carefree facade.

The door opens and Steve walks in, or as he is better known captain America.

"Hey! Capsicle's here."

Steve rolls his eyes, while sending a nod to Natasha and Clint.

"Do we know where Bruce is?" Natasha asks no one in particular.

I respond saying, " director fury has sent the word out. He is on the way."

"Ah! As much as I hate to disturb this awkward and boring moment. I would be getting back to work on my new suit. Chips? No? Your loss. "

I suppress a smile.

------------------------------------------------------

BETH'S POV:

"No. No. N.. ",I wake up with a start, not knowing where exactly I was. It was still dark. I pushed my cat coco off my belly and got up. The sun hadn't risen yet, but it soon would.

I get ready and leave for a run, not without a small penknife though. You can never be too careful. I had learned that from grandpa. I also learned to never throw water on a bee's hive. That however was a lesson learnt the hard way. I run right until I reach the river that flowed near my house(near in the sense of 30 minute run).

I had always loved it here. This was the secluded part of the river. It had benches and an old shack. But it was long abandoned. For me however it was a retreat. I smile as the first sunbeam. Strikes my face sending warmth through me. I begin to walk toward a bench when my body stiffens. Its the same man as last night. He is asleep on a bench. A pang of guilt hits me as I realize that he could've been in a warm bed if I had allowed him, but he had to sleep near the river. There must have been mosquitoes, and bugs and it must have been so cold.

I slowly walk over to the bench. He seems to be sleeping peacefully. I sigh, I'm going to regret this.

"Excuse me? " I inch closer, "hello? "

I reach out to touch him, "hel.. "

In seconds he catches my hand and pushes me to the ground, his hand choking me. The push causes my head to collide with a rock. I groan.
He stares for a while, then realizing what he's done, he stands up and offers his hand. I take it.

"What the hell was that? Ow".

"I assumed you were someone else. What are you doing here? "

I groan.

"I said, what are you.. "

"Yeah I heard you the first time. I own a house nearby. well, not near by, but it's close I guess. It's far if you run, but by car it's cool... unless of course.. "

"Shut up! Why must you talk so much? I asked a simple question. Maybe your puny mind may not grasp it but I shall say it in as simple words as possible. What were you doing... near me? "

I scowl at him, " I thought you were cold. "

"Cold? "

"Well, you slept out in the open. So I felt bad and wanted to call you in. "

His expression sobers. A ghost of a smile plays on his face.

" very well, I did not feel cold. But it was a far cry from my usual accommodations. No ,before you ask I am not telling you about that. " he stops me just as I open my mouth.

" Come on, let's go home,don't think that i am accepting your offer. "

he nods," is it far?"

" Well, like I said, it's not that far. Like if you walk at a slow pace.. "

"Never mind,I shall not ask again. "

I scowl, still rubbing my head.

"Why did you say you would teach me? "

" because I can. "

" I know, but how?"

"If you are so curious then accept my offer and allow me to tutor you. "

" one condition. "

" I am in no mood to hear your negotiations. "

"Fine. Don't teach me. You can live without breakfast can't you? "

He stares at me. I smirk.

"What's the condition? "

"No needles. " I say quietly.

"I won't be using a needle. You talk a lot for your age. " he says.

" my age? How old do you think I am? "

"20? "

I snort at him. He doesn't seem pleased.

"I'm 26, but I'm flattered. As for the talking, I have a problem. It's been that way since I was a kid. I tend to talk a lot about unrelated things. I also lose focus a lot, hence the rambling. "

He nods. There is a comfortable silence. We finally reach the house. He stares at it for a while. I invite him in but not before saying, " hope you like cats. "

"What" is the last word that escapes his mouth as coco jumps on his face.