chapter 11

Hardcore supernatural fans will recognize this song. It suits the last parts of this chapter!

By the way, I cannot believe I finished ten chapters and that someone is actually reading them. To whoever is reading this. I love you!
----------------------------------------------

Screams reverberate the halls and then I realize that it is I who is screaming.

I look down from where I lie on the table. The doctors stand, there is a blowtorch in their hand. They are testing if I am resistant to heat. Apparently not, as my leg has second degree burns.

Then they inject me with something. It burns, my breathing becomes laboured. I want to scream, but when I open my mouth, no sound comes.

It had been 3 years of this. We have all become quiet no one talks anymore. Peter doesn't joke. Ned doesn't sing. I don't laugh. I even forgot what Mira sounds like.

I was 15 when I was brought here. Mira was 14, Peter 23, Ned was 18, and Annie was 15 too. We used to be best friends I knew each of them since I was 5.

There was never a dull moment with us. We played pranks and laughed, showed off our powers. We were extraordinarily gifted. We had so many dreams, we wanted to help people.

Annie was a like a mermaid! I could move things with my mind and could manipulate people into doing what I wanted.

Peter could turn invisible and could teleport. Ned could turn into any animal he wanted to. Mira could manipulate fire and water.

Now, we all sit here, alone, quiet. We may look the same behind all the bruises. But inside we're broken, dead. We are nothing.

We get tortured day in and day out, we have forgotten what the sun looks like. We have forgotten the beauty of a sunset, the happiness of a home cooked meal, the simple joy of a windy day. Now we know dark walls and painful injections.

The saddest thing? No one cares.And no one's coming.

-------------------------------------------

LOKI'S POV:

"Loki! I'm going to the diner, feed the cat. I'll come back at night, if I'm still alive. "

I lift my head up from the bed in indignation. How dare she order me to feed that disgusting feline? I was a God.

Yet, I remembered that I need her to my plans.

"Of course. "

She peeps into my room, "did you just agree? "

I nod. She says, "oh! Maybe I will die today. "

I clench my jaw to which she giggles. Then she leaves.

I slowly get up and move to the kitchen. Were I in asgard I would have the servants bring me food. Sigh.

I eat some bread and look at the feline. It was a stray cat, it had deep brown and white fur. It looked at me and then walked over to me and began rubbing against my legs.

"Oh, I see you have warmed upto me, seeing as I have the power to leave you starving."

So I feed it, much to my chagrin. And watch it eat. Maybe it wasn't so disgusting after all.

I think about annabeth, how she screamed in her sleep. She never really told me about it. She was a nice human. Better than other filthy humans anyway. But I Must not get ahead of myself. She was a means to an end that favoured me. That's all.
---------------------------------------------