chapter 14

Do not ask me why I chose these songs,  I was listening to  them as I wrote and yeah.. but this is a really long chapter and I hope you like it.  Please vote and comment!!  

"This is the ' apartment'?" I ask in disgust looking  at the rundown three story building.   It was so dirty that it was nearly black.

" wait for it. " Natasha smiles and walks up the creaking stairs.

Loki is handcuffed to me (thanks fury)  which makes it extremely difficult to climb up the stairs; which apparantly were made for one very thin person to use.

Finally we make it up the stairs. The corridor looks like a scene out of a horror movie. I sigh as Natasha begins  to  open a door that looked like a feather could knock it down. Then she opens it and walks in.

I never expected to see what I see! It is stunning. The walls are white,  There is technology everywhere. It's honestly a dream, most importantly  - there's tv!

I look over at Natasha who smiles at me. I grin and run over to my room. Which was a terrible idea considering Loki almost fell.

"Oh crap!  I'm so sorry! "

" I don't think you are. " he said looking at me with a really Nasty expression,  which I reciprocate with a smile.

"I'm not! " I giggle.

The day went on fast as I practiced my powers with Loki who guided me. As the evening drew I turned on the t.v.

" hey Natasha? "

She looked up.

" what's hatchiko  about? " I ask as I flip through movies that Tony had laid out.

" I don't know.  Sounds good. "

" hmm alright let's watch a nice movie."

Biggest mistake of my life.

In about two hours I was sobbing. Loki let me sob on him as I kept saying, "itdoesntknowthathe diesanditssosad. AndIwanttopetandcomfortit. "

"I can't understand you when you talk like that Beth. "

"He's never coming back Loki. It's gonna die alone thinking that he hated it and that it wasn't good enough. Andthatissosaditbreaksmyheart."

He tensed and let my head rest on his shoulder.

"It will cherish their memories. " He said with his face rather close to my head...it's kinda...cute...ish. Shut up.

I let out a whimper and eventually stop crying.

"How was the movie?  Natasha cheerfully as she walks into  the room.  I look up to her with a tear streaked,  morose face while Loki shakes his head for a 'no'.

" the dog died. " I pout

" Oh.. was its owner there? " She asks

" NO! " a new flood of tears begin to flow.

"Oh.. ok" Natasha says rather awkwardly as Loki comforts me again.

Third person POV :

"Are you awake? " Loki whispered.

Annabeth and Loki slept in conjoined rooms due to fury's orders.

" a little" she whispers.

" You weren't talking just about the dog,  that time, were you? "

"No one comes back.. "

"Sleep. I wake you for practice tommorow. Sleep well. "

"Goodnight. "And she slept.  Loki stayed by her for a while and then left as well.