chapter 7

"Stop moving, you're a grown man, it can't hurt that much."

"Your pathetic feline needs to be put down."

"coco was just protecting me." I say as I wipe the cuts on his face.

" I wasn't going to harm you. " he mutters

" and a cat is supposed to know that?" I ask looking at him momentarily "Besides she doesn't like men."

He glares at me as I finish cleaning the wounds. I give a mock smile and keep the kit away.

" Ok, so I'm taking the evening shift today which means I have the morning off. Wanna get something to eat?" My hand rests on my hip as I look at him

"I do not like soup." He said with utmost sincerity.

That makes me laugh " No! No soup. Thats ok.. I'll cook. Why don't you take a bath? The water is warm now."

He nods and I show him to the bath room. After around 30 minutes of teaching him how it works, he finally got in. I walked to the kitchen, with coco at my heels, and began to cook.

What would he wear? I'm sure he didn't have clothes. I had some men's shirts though. Hey! They're way more comfortable than women's clothes, don't judge me.

But when he came out. He came dressed in a new set of clothes. Hmm, guess he did have clothes. Coco hissed at him as he came closer. He frowned at it.

"So? Where are you from?" I ask petting the feline.

"Why?"

" You have no manners do you? I ask your name you don't say it. I ask where you're from, don't say that either. I get it, you want to be mysterious and all, but it's not fair. I mean.. "

"Ok stop, by the Gods, you talk a lot. I'm from.. asgard." He said and looked at me .

I stop what I am doing and look up at him. I knew I recognized him! He looks apprehensive of the situation.

" You are the guy that flattened Manhattan aren't you?" I ask

He simply looked down, " if you do not wish to have me, I will leave. "

I shrug, " no. that's ok. You can stay. "

He looks up in surprise

"Why? " He asks

"Cause, I said so." I shrug and then a smirk crosses my face " Oh that's why you couldn't pay. You're royalty aren't you?" I tease

" Well not exactly.. " he begins

"How may I address you, your majesty?" I bow

"Are you mocking me?" He asks in a tone fit for a z shaped finger snap.

"You catch on fast don't you?" I grin
"Come on your majesty. I have work to do and I would love it if you were gracious enough to accompany me! ". I say in a false British accent.

He growls and looks furious.

I laugh and head towards the door. As I open it, my body stiffens. The same car is waiting outside. I frown, and I start walking over to it. The car starts up as soon as I reach closer. But I block it from moving and walk on the side to bang on the window. The window opens and I gasp.

"James? What are you doing here?"

He seems flustered, " You know was enjoying the view of the.. the forest."

"Oh I see, were you enjoying it last night as well?"

He frowns, " I'm authority honey , just because I know you from the past two years doesn't make me your friend."

"I guess not. "

With that he drives away. I walk over to Loki as he stands on the porch with a confused look.

"Loki? Lets train. "

----------------------------------------------

I look up. The white light nearly blind me. As I focus my eyes, I see that I am in a lab. Doctors surround me. One holds my head back. He is doing something on my neck. It doesn't hurt. Another injects me with something. It is liquid, it burns my skin as it courses through my veins. I scream, I try to struggle. But I am constrained.

After they were done, I am thrown into my cell. I lay on the ground. The cell is dark no Windows or cracks of any sort. Hot tears stream down my face. Tears for Annie, Tears for the hell we are going through and most of all, Tears because we are all alone. And there is no hope. He isn't coming for us. No one is coming.

----------------------------------------------

BETH'S POV:

"You want me to move the cereal box?" I stare at him.

"yes"

I look at the box, stretch my hand out, and concentrate. It topples over. I sigh.

" again. " he resets it.

I try again and yes, It topples over.

"Again."

It topples over. I look at him with my eyebrow raised.

" again."

It. topples. over. I bang my fist on the table and glare at him, " I get it. I suck at this. Why are you making me do this over and over again? "

He looks at me and simply says, " again. "

I growl, look back at the box and concentrate. It... topples.

"Aga.. "

"NO! It's NOT moving. It's not going to work. STOP FOR THE SAKE OF..."

He looks at me and smirks and looks at the box. I look over to see that it was right beside me.

"H.. how? "

"Anger, self defense. That is what prompts your powers." He says sounding exactly like that meme where that weird haired dude says aliens...I should stop with the memes someday...

" So, I should get temperamental in order to call a box of gluten free cereal? great!" I ask

"Yes."

"I can't just be getting angry at inanimate objects like that." I sigh

"Very well. Try giving them flowers and see if it works? Your kindness may move them." He says with a smirk

I stick out my tongue at him, "Fine. Let's get angry at muesli"

——————
That evening as I am about to leave for work, Loki runs up to the car.

" I shall be coming with you. "

"Wh.. why?" I ask

"I shall not stay with that infernal feline."

"Your scared of a cat? You destroyed Manhattan!" I exclaim

"it is rabid."

"It isn't..... just get in."

We walk in as I quickly take off my overcoat.

"Hey Anna! "

I turned to see Vanessa standing at the door.

"Vanessa! " that sounded so fake, God "how are you? "

"I'm great. And who is this?" She points to Loki who has walked up to me.

" right, this is Loki. He is my new room... house? House mate yeah." I say as he glares at me slightly.

"Nice to meet you I'm Vanessa. "She says while twirling her hair. I have no problems with Vanessa. She is very pretty, and is a brunette like me.I like her as she stays out of my business. How ever she is a flirt and at times is too dumb to bear.

I excuse myself and leave her to talk with Loki, who throws me a scathing look. I simply smile back, loki is gonna have soo much fun, (sarcasm)