chapter 13

" let me understand this Doreen. You,  without any prior notice or permission,  ordered  a hit on the one building that the avengers call their home? "

"Y.. yes"

"How dumb do you have to be to do that?  Don't answer that. Now not only does the girl know that we are behind  her but also all the avengers."

The older man sighs and bites on the large ring on his finger. Sitting on a chair in an office facing a lady he looks up at her sharply.  She is around her late forties.  Her black hair is flattened into a bun as she looks at the ground and then at him.

"Markham,  she is so powerful now. She took out our men alone. You will be happy to know that ." She said.

"I know Doreen,  are you sure that it is her? She was supposed to be dead ."

"I was her caretaker. I know her. "

-------------------------------------------

" No. "

"It will be.. "

"No. "

"But.. "

"No,  no,  no and for emphasis... NO!".

" are you going to vouch that he will not cause any trouble?"

" yes! "

"How do you know?"

" Fury you are not locking him up. "

" he is the God of mischief!"

" and you have one eye!  Doesn't matter does it?"

" ok fine.  But he will be constantly attached to either you or Thor.  If I find him separate from either one of you then it better be that way because you're dead! "

" thank you "

With that I walk out. Tony had decided that I would be sent to live in an apartment downtown that was owned by SHIELD along with Natasha and himself. Steve and Clint would live 'next door'.

Thor had some business  on asgard and would be joining us later on.

It was late at night and I was drained.  Using my powers had exhausted me. I walked into the little room that was allotted to me and plopped down on the bed.  A knock resounded on the door.

I opened it, " hey Thor!  Come in. "

Thor beamed, " lady an... I mean Beth,  I must thank you before I go. "

" thank me for..? "

"I know it was you who convinced fury not to lock my brother up. "

" Yeah, I hope he doesn't make me regret it."

" thank you.  I remain indebted to you. "

"Thor,  can I ask you something? "

"Of course. "

"Who is laufey? "

Thor looks confused at that, "where did you hear that name? "

" I don't know. It has been on mind for a while now. "

"He is the king of the frost giants. He is lokis father. "

" hmm ok. "

"It is strange that you know his name. "

"I know. "

" I must take your leave Beth. I shall see you soon. "

I smile as he leaves the  room.

----------------------------------------------

LOKIS  POV :

"Are you saying she knew laufeys name but doesn't know how she heard it? "

"yes brother.  It is an odd occurance."

"What an intelligent deduction."  I say  sarcastically,  while thor looks exasperated .

" You must talk to her" He said solemnly.

" I intend to." With that I  walk out.

I pass through the dark corridors and head for her room. It's dark. I can hear crying. She's dreaming again.

I slowly walk over to her and place a hand on her shoulder she wakes up with a start and sits up.

"Shh,  it's just me." I whisper

"Loki? " she whispers dazed.

" go back to sleep." I say and pull her blanket up.

" but.. "

"I'm right here.  Nothing will happen. "

She nods and lies down. In a few moments her breathing becomes steady and I know she is asleep.

She looks so innocent. I saw how she looked when she had talked about her past. She was broken by it. She was the reason that I wasn't locked up like a common mongrel,  yet I had tried to use her for her power.

It shall not happen. She will not suffer more.

" Annabeth  stone" I whisper as softly as I can, " I vow to keep you safe until my last breath. "

--------------------------------------------

So this is a small chapter because apparently  my mind has shut down. I hate writers block. Some parts maybe a bit confusing but they will come together in  the end

To anyone who is reading. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!