chapter 20

I totally didn't expect to start my 20th chapter without my female protagonist. Shit happens huh? Without further ado-

Warning: major feels.
------------------------------------------------

"Brother you must eat."

"Thank you, but I have no appetite." I responded. Thor walked away. It had been six days since...

I hadn't eaten or slept. How could I?  I had failed her. I had promised to keep her safe and she had died in front of me, I was helpless. We couldn't even give her a proper burial. I.... couldn't give her a proper  burial.

The others fared no better. They rarely talked anymore. All they wanted was to destroy HYDRA.

I remember fury had teared up. I hadn't seen him since. I looked at the brown cat that slept on my lap. I stroked it and it purred.

Flash back:

"Are you sure brother? "

"Yes, she and mother were fond of each other. She asked me to tell them both. And I shall. "

"You shall talk to father? "

"Yes." I nodded and I walked toward mothers chambers.

She wasn't there. I knew where she would be. I did not want to visit the garden again. Yet I steeled my heart.

I walked in the garden. I kept remembering what she told me.

you're  the moonlight.

I blinked away tears as I approached mother.

"Mother? "

"Loki!  Why are you sad? "

"Beth.. " I stop talking and look down.

"Oh Loki! " she understands  what I fail to say. Tears Well up in her eyes. She hugs me and I  hug her back. I don't stop the tears now. I cry my heart out.

"She won't come back." I cried.

"She wouldn't want you to be sad. She would want you to move along." She said.

"I must tell odin. She had asked me to. "

My mother nodded. I looked at the Bench  where just a few weeks ago she had  kissed me and we had sat for an hour talking about nothing. I sit in the bench for a while before leaving. I remembered how scared she looked after she had kissed me and after how she had sat near me and played with my hands. She loved to taunt me.

Of course your majesty!

I walked over to the throne room and requested an audience of him. He surprisingly agreed. I walked in as he sat on the throne.

"What do you want trickster?"

I look up at him. Tears flood my eyes and his expression  softens.

"Beth.. died." I choke out the last word. It seemed all to real when I said it out loud. You're a good person.

"She was a great warrior. She had a good spirit. She was the only one other than your mother and Thor to stand by you. It is truly sad." He admitted.he seems sad yet he tried to conceal it. I nodded and began to walk away.

"Loki! " he called. I turned back to him, " you may have your powers back"

"Wh.. why? "

"Use them  well and avenge her. Do not disappoint  her."

"I won't." I nodded. He granted me my powers and I walked out.

I... love you.

-----------------------------------------------