chapter 25

"Loki! " a voice boomed through the halls. Loki's head shot up. He was sitting on the couch with Beth on his lap. Tony walked into the room with packing peanuts stuck on his head.

"Tony?  What happened? " Beth asked innocently.

"Your boyfriend stuffed my suit with packing peanuts." He said while eying the confused Loki.

Loki looked completely mystified, " why must I stuff your tin can with eatables? "

"Its not a tin can! And I wasn't talking about eating peanuts I was talking about the foam ones. " he sputtered.

"foam? " he asked even more confused. Beth burst into laughter.
"Your face oh God!  It's so perfect" she laughed.

"Did.. no!. You? " Tony said with his hand over his heart, " How dare you?"

"Tony! Lighten up!  It's April fool's day! "

Tony straightened his head  and walked out with a smirk on his face.

"I probably shouldn't have told him that. " she said rather glum.

"I do not understand." Loki said. This had all passed over his head, " who is April's fool?"

Beth sighed, " it's a day where we play pranks on each other."

Loki stared at her for a while before his lips turned up in a mischevious smile.

"Pranks you say? " he said, still smiling.

Beth's smile vanished, " y.. yes.. b.. but harmless ones. No one should get hurt."

"Interesting.I shall see you later my love." He kissed her head.

He carried her off of him, placed her on the couch and began to walk away.

"Loki!  Harmless!  No hurting anyone! " she shouted out.

"I wouldn't dream of it! " he replied with a smirk. She sighed. I hope no one dies!

Beth's POV:

It had been two days since the fight. Annie and the rest were kept in prison where fury was attempting to convince them to join SHIELD.

Loki had  never left my side. He slept on my bed and got up when I did. He never left me alone. He would sit on the bed while I bathed and ask me If I was alive every 5 seconds.. and I had to answer. He nearly broke down the door when I didn't.

I had slept off in the bathtub. When he called  me I hadnt answered and he had barged in guns blazing. I threw all of the shampoo bottles at him and chased him out.  He still smells like peaches. Well at least his hair is gonna be "99% free from breakage". So that's good.

I still did feel a pang of guilt for attacking those who I called my best friends. But I did the right thing. Didn't I? 
Sigh. Why does this author make everything so complicated for me?

[ authors note ~  ): ]

I walked over to the kitchen and picked up an Apple
I was about to bite into it when I heard a loud gasp.

"Who put the bucket of water on the door? " Steve's voice boomed. Time to go.

"I know it was you Beth! "

I giggled as I ran out the door. They would never be able to prank me!  I bit  into the Apple and immediately  spit it out. It had mud inside!

"Tony stark!  You better hide your tin ass!  You just started  a war!" I shouted at the cameras, knowing he was watching. Bleh! I ate mud!