Chapter 1

That was a whole year ago, back when I first moved to Texas. My best friend Peyton's bestie at the time, Jamie, had left me a sticky note with those exact words on it. Peyton luckily told the owners of Cheer Athletics and got the situation under control before it got worse. Now, Jamie has been leaving me alone and I have a new bestie and a new boyfriend.

*Skip to practice*

I walk into the gym clutching my boyfriend, Matt Smith's, arm in mine. My brunette hair is tied up in a neat high ponytail with a generous-sized poof and my favorite sparkly Cheetah Girl bow. I'm wearing my hot pink Nike Pros and a matching sports bra that says "Just Do It".

Peyton sees me and motions me over. She's sitting with our other friend Eliza who just transferred from Spirit about two months ago. Matt waves goodbye and jogs over to some buddies of his in the corner.

"Hey girlie!" Peyton says, reaching to give me a hug. I blush and laugh and hug her back. Eliza smiles and stands up from her spot.

"So. I heard we have choreography camp next week," She says fixing her hair. Eliza is one of the most beautiful people I know. She has long, auburn hair, big hazel eyes, and a small slim figure. She's the perfect flyer and I bet her tumbling is on point as well.

I nod in reply. "Yep. Next week we'll be learning our Worlds winning routine!" Peyton squeals, grabbing our arms and jumping up and down. I laugh along with her. Next week will also be determining this year's Cheetah Girl- aka the point flyer.

It's been my dream to win Worlds since I started all-star cheerleading. I could never decide if high school cheerleading would be for me, but I think I made the right choice. There would never be a chance of making it to Worlds if I was a high school cheerleader, but at least there was a slight chance if I was a all-star cheerleader.

Usually high school cheerleaders are amazing though, so when I'm a junior next year at Plano Ridge High, I'm hoping to become a cheerleader on their high school team.

"Alright, let's begin with the Tumble Off!" Coach yells, welcoming us all to the center of the mat. I glance at Peyton and grin. Her smile brightens up her porcelain skin (another thing I've never tried: getting a spray tan!) but Eliza is frowning. Her sneakers are kicking at the little "X" in the center of the spring floor marked by duct tape.

Maybe she couldn't tumble after all? It seems weird though. Her tiny figure is perfect for it. The thought left my mind as Coach called,

"Peyton! Up against Matt! I wanna see standing fulls." Peyton grinned deviously at Matt and he rolled his eyes.

"You're on!" He whispered. They backed away from the group until they were on the same line.

"Three jumps to full actually! I need to evaluate who will be tumbling in the opening, and this is the funnest way!"

Peyton and Matt looked at each other and then began. Peyton hit a beautiful triple toe touch and landed smack on her feet. Matt on the other hand, hit a pike pike right hurdler full and didn't score enough air. He stumbled a bit and almost lost his footing.

"Well... Nice job... Peyton..." Coach trailed off, writing something in concern on his clipboard. I laughed at Matt and slapped Pey a high five.

"Nice job sissy!" I yelled, giving her a quick hug. She laughed and thanked me. I jogged over to Matt and said, "It's alright baby. Next time just hit a triple toe," he beamed and kissed my cheek.

"You're up next sweetie." He shoved me towards the center of the mat and Coach motioned Eliza to step forward as well. Oh God.

A/N: The first chapter is dedicated to my gorgeous cheer buddy Ashley😘 You know who you are ;) Love yaaa!