Chapter 36

"Summer! You never let me finish!" Matt yelled, chasing after me and into the open lobby. "Please!" He begged me, entwining his fingers with mine.

I looked at the floor, but when he squeezed my hand, I stared into his blue eyes. I needed him to say those three words, or everything we ever had would be lost.

"I love you," He whispered, stroking my cheek with the pads of his fingertips. His hand was rough and calloused, but it felt nice against my face.

"Thank you, Matt. I needed to know that you loved me... just as much as I loved you." Then I silenced him by leaning in to kiss his lips. His warm, delicious tasting lips. The lips I had missed for so long.

We kissed right there, in front of everyone, so that the world could know that we were back together. I wanted people to envy the young couple that "were in love." I wanted everyone to know how much Matt meant to me, and how much I had missed him.

He broke the kiss, and scooped me up until he was holding me safely against his chest. He kissed my forehead, and then carried me outside of the hotel. Once we were outside, he placed me gently on the ground, but then bent over.

"What are you doing, honey?" I asked, giggling.

"Piggy back ride. All the way to the football field." I smiled. Just like old times. Then I hopped onto his back and wrapped my arms around his neck, laughing the whole way there.