Chapter 32

*skip forward to the Thursday of next week*

I was in my room, standing in front of all my clothes that were tossed onto the floor. Today I am packing for Worlds, which I would be leaving for tomorrow. I am so excited to compete in Orlando with my team. We've come so far this year, and I can just feel us placing in the top 5. I hope my wishes come true, because placing at the World Championships would literally be a dream come true. Cheetahs won Worlds in 2012, but I was still cheering at my small gym back at home, then.

But now, Texas is where I belong. Cheer Athletics is my home, and my teammates are my family. And I couldn't possibly ask for a better team than the team that I've been blessed with this year. Cheetahs are in my heart.

My suitcases were unzipped and lying open on the carpet. They were black with a rhinestoned Cheer Athletics logo and "Summer" printed on the front in italics. I had piles of clothing ideas to pack with me, but I couldn't decide on what I needed to bring!

I unfolded all of my sports bras and laid them out on my bed. Then I selected the two Nike sports bras that I had just purchased last week with Eliza and Peyton, and my Cheetahs practice wear. There was "3 sports bras and one black one for uniform" printed on my checklist, so I selected a plain black Nike sports bra as well and added that to the pile. Then I stuffed those into a corner in my suitcase.

Next, I took the new Nike Pros, a plain black pair, and a blue pair and added them all into the suitcase. Next was bows. I took down a sparkly white one, a cheetah printed one, and a chevron one from my bow wall behind me and attached them to my Nfinity backpack.

Then, I neatly folded my uniform and competition bow and added those into a clear storage bag so that they wouldn't get wrinkled inside of my suitcase. My Nfinitys, that were now bedazzled, were already tucked safely inside the pocket of my suitcase.

Oh, hair and makeup! I almost forgot about that! Jumping up from my spot on the floor, I rushed into the bathroom and found my makeup bag. I quickly loaded in all of my makeup for competition, daily makeup, and fancy makeup in case there was a formal event we would be attending while down in Florida.

Next, I grabbed another storage bag and put my curling wand and straightener inside. Then I added two bottles of hairspray and a package of elastics and bobby pins. Better to be safe than sorry!

When I was sure all of my cheering things were packed, I worked my way over to regular, every-day outfits to wear while we would be in the Disney parks riding rides. I packed sandals, sneakers, and a bunch of flip-flops. Then I packed a couple of pastel crop tops, graphic tees, tank-tops from my gym, regular, girly tank-tops, a pair of sweatpants, yoga pants, pajama pants, pajama shorts, and a ton of high-waisted and low-waisted shorts.

When I was finished, I collapsed on my bed and shut my eyes. I envisioned my teammates and I hitting a flawless, error-less routine with no deductions whatsoever. It was highly unlikely that we would compete so perfectly at Worlds, but since the pressure was on, maybe we would hit everything! I was so excited to see who this year's world champions are, and I could only hope that I would be one of those people.