Chapter 41

A/N: I'm really sorry this has taken so long to upload! I've been really busy this summer so far and I've been on vacation a lot too!
I'm really sorry for that, though, but I'm going to continue on soon! This book is very close to the end, unfortunately, but I will definitely continue on with either another sequel or a new cheerleading book!
Thanks for reading, loves ❤️

*Also, if you enjoy Magcon or soccer follow my other two accounts @magcon_books and @soccer_imagines for more stories!*

I crossed my fingers as I walked onto the Worlds mat. I felt very confident after hitting a flawless routine yesterday, and our coaches were sure to praise us about the show we had put on.

They reminded us that the crowd was going crazy with excitement, and the judges seemed to be very pleased. I took a deep breath and reminded myself that if we performed well enough today (since today was when it really counted!) that we could become World Champions. That has been my dream ever since I started all star cheerleading, and this could be my chance to live it. Today we really had to put on a flawless, zero deductions routine.

We had just gotten off the mat and I was sweating like crazy, and my ankle was really bothering me. I landed wrong out of my double, but I continued the routine anyways, because that's what a good cheerleader does. She works through the pain.

"Oh my god, we just hit!" Peyton and Eliza screamed, running over to me and wrapping me in a hug. I smiled and laughed, telling each of them how awesome of a job they had done today.

We ended our routine with confident smiles, every stunt hit and there was no bobbles, everyone was sassy and the entire routine just came together like magic. All of our hard work and dedication had payed off because we had just put on a very clean and successful routine. Even if we didn't win Worlds, I would know in my heart that I've never had a better performance in my life.

"And that! Was! The Cheer Athletics... Cheetahs!" The announcer boomed into the microphone, sending the crowd over the top. People screamed and jumped up and down, and it couldn't make me any prouder to see that my team and I actually had fans. It was such an incredible experience to be here, on Cheetahs. This team was my family.

And now, it was only hours until the award ceremony, where I would find out if I was going home a champion.