Chapter 17

*This chapter is dedicated to @KatelinnGreen! She is literally so sweet and I love her so much! Thanks for all the support hon!😘*

--------------------

Eliza laid out all the candy on my dresser and told us to take as much as we wanted. There was an assortment of Skittles, Jolly Ranchers, M & M's, Hershey's Kisses, Mike & Ike's, Reese's, and Starbursts.

"Eliza, you didn't have to buy all this!" I laughed, snagging a couple of Starbursts.

"It's okay," She replied. "I wanted to."

I dragged Eliza and Peyton into the bathroom and sat them down on the stool.

"Whose first?" I asked, pointing to the straightener.

"Uh, me I guess." Peyton said nervously. She undid her hair and let me straighten all of it. Once her hair was down, it reached about halfway down her back. It was pure blonde and it looked gorgeous with her sky blue eyes.

Once I had finished straightening Eliza's, Peyton's, and my own hair, I collected all the hair elastics and bobby pins into a pile, and had Peyton hold onto them.

"Okay, pass me the the teasing comb and an elastic please." I gathered Peyton's hair together and began to gently tease it. Once it was about an inch higher than her normal hair, I secured it with the elastic. Then lastly, I added our competition bow in for the finishing touch.

Peyton turned and looked at herself in the mirror. Her face instantly lifted into a smile, and I knew she liked it.

"Jeez, Summer! I never knew you were so good at hair!" She fluffed her poof and laughed. "You're way better than I am,"

"No I am not! I hate to admit it... But you are a cheer hair goddess," Peyton giggled and grabbed the teasing comb. "Then let me work my magic on you!"

I sat down in the chair and Eliza disappeared into my bedroom. "Want some candy, y'all?" She asked, shuffling through the bags.

"Reese's please!" I called.

"Uh.... Just grab a bunch of those," Peyton said as she began to do my own hair. Just then my phone beeped from the countertop. I eagerly grabbed it as Peyton shouted,

"Hey! I was almost done with your hair!" I ignored her and opened the text message. It was from Matt.

Hey. Sorry I didn't answer yesterday. We need to talk. At practice. -Matt