Chapter 14

At home, I climbed the stairs to my room and logged into my Cheer Athletics email account. The inbox pinged with a new email, and I clicked on it eagerly. For some weird reason, my heart always got these excited little bursts of energy whenever I got an email from my gym.

To: summer_cheetahs@cheerathletics.com

From: cheerathleticscoach@cheerathletics.com

Subject: Worlds

Dear Summer,

As you know, Worlds will be held in April. We have very limited time to get a full paid bid. Without that bid, Cheetahs will not be able to afford to go to Worlds this year. So... If Worlds means a lot to you, I suggest you work extra hard for that bid. We have a competition this weekend in Psalm Springs.

Sincerely,

Cheer Athletics Coaches.

I jumped up and down after I finished reading the email. I've never been to Worlds before, but it's been my dream since I was seven years old. Worlds was such a dream to me that I never thought I would actually be going. If we get the bid of course.

But if I went to Worlds and won, well that would be the happiest moment of my life. Especially with my team, the Cheetahs. I could become a world champion with my boyfriend! We could take pictures kissing our medals together! I could only imagine how amazing this experience would be.

I logged off my email account and typed a text message to Matt. I waited a moment for his reply, but it never came.

Hey sweetie. I so much fun at the gym with you today :) Did you get the email about Worlds? OMG! I'm so pumped! Call me! Xoxo, Summer

I decided that Matt's phone was probably dead, or he was eating dinner or something. It still worried me though because of his reaction earlier today.

I decided to call Peyton instead; but halfway through the call I ended it when I remembered that we weren't talking to each other anymore.

I was so sick of fighting with Peyton and Eliza. We needed to all makeup and have a Starbucks date or something. I made a mental note to call them later and make plans. Hopefully they'd still forgive me.