Chapter 5

At the park, there was a couple of people laughing and swinging on the toddler swings. I winked at Eliza and pointed at a cutie sitting on the bench. He had tousled blonde hair that reminded me of Matt's and sea foam green eyes that almost sparkled in the morning sunlight.

"He is pretty cute," Eliza observed, studying his sharp features. His muscles peeked through his tight t-shirt and his firm calves showed through his jeans.

"Go say something to him!" I prodded, shoving Eliza forward.

"No way! You do it for me," she whispered, tucking an auburn curl behind her ear. "And don't make it obvious," she added as I began walking towards him.

"Hey pretty lady," the boy said I came closer.

"Uh. Hi. I'm Summer." I stated, kicking at a stone near the bench.

"What brings you over here, you sweetheart?" He asked, reaching forward to grab my hand.

I backed away from him and said, "It's my friend. Over there in the purple?" He looked over my shoulder and nodded.

"She's a cutie, petite though. Not really my type." I frowned and didn't respond.

"Well she's got her eye on you. And I promise you that she is the sweetest girl you could ever meet-"

"I'm into bad girls. Sorry, what was it? Autumn. I'm Tommy. Hit me up sometime." He threw a folded piece of paper at me and then walked away in the opposite direction. Ew. I would definitely stay away from him.

I walked back over to Eliza and said, "Tough luck. Couldn't even remember my name," She shrugged and took her cellphone out of her pocket.

"Oh shoot... I gotta go! I'm so sorry Summer! I totally forgot about my d-dentist appointment!" And before I even had a chance to say goodbye, she sprinted away in the other direction.

Wow. That was a flunk. I flopped down on a swing and took out my cellphone to call Matt back.