Chapter 24

The front doorbell chimed it's familiar tune, and I walked over to answer it. My long hair was tied up in a messy bun, and my face was streaked with leftover makeup from yesterday afternoon. I had pretty much just fallen asleep on the couch and laid there all night, so I certainly wasn't expecting any visitors today.

Yawning, I unlocked the front door and gasped. There stood Peyton and Eliza, both were dressed in shorts and tank-tops. Peyton had her blonde hair tied in a French braid, and Eliza balanced sunglasses on top of her head.

"C'mon, Summer! We're going to the beach!" Eliza giggled, slapping my arm with her striped beach towel. My eyebrows raised in confusion.

"The beach? Isn't it a bit cold for that?" I sneered, a smile escaping my mouth. Eliza and Peyton laughed again.

"Of course it is!" They chorused, "That's the whole point! We want to escape this weather!" Then they cheered, and grabbed my arm. "Now go get your bathing suit, and let's drive to the beach!"

I quickly turned around and darted upstairs to my bedroom. I ransacked my drawers to find my favorite turquoise bikini, a white coverup, thick sunglasses, and a beach tote. Then I stuffed the pockets of my beach bag with bottles of sunscreen and tanning lotion, grabbed my wallet, and dashed back downstairs.

"Alright, let's go!" Peyton yelled, pulling me down my porch steps and into the car. "We can fix your makeup later, doll; it's time for the beach!" Then she plugged her iPhone into the jack and starting blaring cheer music, as usual.