Eleven

Kilorn, Archeon

12:01 and Cal still weren't back, I was sweating bullets. Ever since our Scarlet retaliation, things have been extremely on edge. Just last night, a newbie sentinel was fired and sent to the front line because he had forgotten to set a security alarm. About ten minutes  had passed before they realized what had happened and sent his butt to the front.

Cal wasn't around and believe it or not I was scared. I'm sure I didn't let on but, sure I'd spent hours lying awake hoping something would pass, and Cal and Mare weren't a thing. But in the end, Cal was the only person who knew how I felt when Mare left.

Someone was coming down the hallway, which was odd, to say the least, considering most everyone was gathering  at town square for Maven's exhibition, probably just some propagandizing imposing speech. The steps approached slowly and then Evangeline Samos rounds the corner her nose in a tissue. Sliver blood flushed her cheeks. I sorta felt bad and awkward just standing there as she slowly made her way down the hallway, she didn't even make it halfway through the hallway before she collapsed against the wall. 

Mare had told me stories about the queen to be Evangeline Samos. The stories were filled a stone-hearted princess, who was done right cruel to every human being she came across. This was not what I expected at all. 

At first, I just attempted to ignore her sobs, but it was nearly impossible. "Are you okay? Miss?" I say taking the slightest step away from my post.

"What does it look like?" She snaps, "My best friend is quiet possibly dead, leaving me alone in this, this place, with with-" She was stuttering her words jumbled ultimately she just gave up sobbing.

I was now suddenly interested which I felt ashamed about it but "With who?" She looked up at me incredulously "You've got to tell me milady so they may be dealt with" My voice was cracking crap, crap.

"Everyone! No one cares about anything. Especially, Maven, he's more interested in the lighting girl than me. Everyone's more interested in the lighting girl than. So I'm alone" She broke off into a fit of louder sobs

I didn't know what to say. It wasn't Mare's fault she was more pleasant than this sliver haired brat. Though she didn't look much like a brat just a girl in distress. "Hey... it's okay," it says in some sad attempt to lessen the awkwardness. 

"What do you know your just a stupid Sentinel, I'm the f*cking Queen, or will be then I'll be shackled to this place forever." She blew her nose hard into the tissue. "And it's freaking freezing, but his majesty gets hot easily and always has the air blasting and-" She stuffed another sob as she attempted to continue ranting 

Shackled to this place forever and alone. She reminds me strongly of Mare, usually when ever Mare was throwing a fit I would throw her one of my famous jokes. "If you ever get cold just stand in a corner for a little bit. It usually ninety degrees"  I said with a hopefull smile. 

She cocked an eye up The oddest thing happened she laughed. My face was flamming under my mask. I prayed to god she couldn't see it. "Your stupid, but thank's for the attempt" She said picking her self up. "Ever since Ptrolemus disappeared, this whole Queen thing hasn't been easy" 

Ptrolemus Samos, her brother. Dead just like Shade. Two people on opposite sides, with psycho sisters.  "Your Welcome," My voice cracks once again. Keep it together Kilorn. I don't know why but the eyes she looked up, but I felt like I owed her something "I can't say I understand what you're going through, but if you wanna talk about it anytime-" I stopped myself before I could finish the sentence.

"Really?" The queen to be said her eyes hopeful for the first time in this conversation.

Crap, Crap just say you were kidding "Yeah, you know where to find me." Again with the cracking. For the love of god hold your tongue, Warren.

"To-tomorrow?" She said her eyes wide. I was sweating through my mask but gave the slightest nod "I'll clear you schedule officer, Kill-Killagan?" Her voice stuttered she was doing like she was crazy.

"Yeah" My voice was barely audible but she understood. She gave me the smallest of smiles, waddling off across the hall.

I released a breath, I'd been holding onto forever. She hadn't noticed I was missing a partner to guard the king's room. Speaking of my partner, Cal then came out of nowhere huffing as if he'd run the entire way here. 

"Cal," I said forgetting to use his 'code name, Calvin. He looked to be in a rush and extremely frazzled I was worried

"Yeah, yeah, here's your cannolis," He said shoving a box into my hand then slipping into Maven's room.

Let's get some predictions in the comment section!