Eighteen

When did Maven get so good at chess? It was infuriating, not only did he take my queen, but hadn't left me with anyone else to fill her place, it would've been weird to put anyone else there not only that but he kept smiling whenever he captured my pawns. 

"Are you enjoying our game? friend" He says lazily shifting a random piece forward"

"I prefer checkers," honestly chess was a bit too complicated for me, sure it involved strategy, but chess was so unevenly distributed, really pawns? No one wanted to be a pawn and no one should be a pawn, and why was the king the weakest piece in the game? In checkers, everyone was the same and only the best warrior is rewarded.  Checkers just seemed more right. but then again we were playing chess, and they were pawns 

"Simpleton," He snaps "Don't like to lose? Then you're truly about to hate your life," He just pushes his pieces around without a care, but he wouldn't care, no one cared about anyone anymore. 

 "Already do. Friend" I smile analyzing the board, "You really should pay more attention, Bro" I may or may not have rolled my r's sure it was obnoxious but so was he "or you'll lose the one thing that makes this game interesting" I smiled picking lifting his queen piece off the board. He had her so beautifully crafted right up to the curls of her hair. 

 "Everyone's entitled to act stupid once in awhile, but you really abuse the privilege." Maven actually looks upset, but he still claps. "But all you have is the replica, guess who how has the real thing." 

The real thing, She wasn't a thing, but at least he didn't say he owned the real thing I probably would've jumped the table, other than that I wanted to see her if only for just a second, just to say something. You know when someone is really trying to look superior but fails in every way? Aka me at the moment, but I still had to try. "I have a proposition," 

"Oh really?" Maven, smirks I'm not sure who Maven looks like, sure he has a little feminine side in his features, that reminded me of his mother, but his jaw was completely alien, he doesn't even look like a calore, Dad and Elara had such distaste in their relationship could it really have reproduced this? The only thing keeping me from calling B.S on the throne was his abilities. "You're adorable, anything for a brother,"

"I want to see her, and you know that." This was getting harder and harder as the sentence put itself together "I'll do whatever you want, if-if you can help me with that,"

Maven contemplates smiling "You had an idea that wasn't stupid, pointless or reckless, great job, I've never been so proud," He sounds like he's the older brother, "that's a great way to keep things interesting, I do grow board of chess from time to time." 

"Then don't play," I can't believe I'd gotten the question out, or the fact Maven didn't smack me right then and there. 

"I'm afraid we're born into the game, brother, it just that some realize it before others." He surveys me smirking "I've decided on what you'll do for me, you'll be my wingman slash slave till the end of your days.  Every deed will earn you time with your friend" I hate the way he says friend, he knows we're much more than that, or did he? He'd been suspicious but what did Maven think went down after we ran? The last time he saw me and Mare I practically gave her to him. But it wasn't like that there was a bunch of other things running through my head, I didn't care if he knew that about I did care that she knew that and I hope she does."

"Deal"The only thing I was truly worried about was that fact she might not want to see me.

"Shall we spill to this?" He says placing a knife on the table "I would prefer more civilized methods of confirming our agreement but I'll draw out the paperwork after you've completed my first favor." 

   I could give you a brief description of why I've been on hiatus, but why would I do that when I found this picture can do it for me.  

There's more, (God I love Tumblr) (Fanfiction writters version)

Anyway, hope you enjoyed! (This part was no where in the plans 😗)