Twelve

I'd grown accustomed to the food, it wasn't bad or anything, the world blurred at times, though, and I was sleeping more often. I was dancing in my dreams with a mystery man spinning and twirling.

Then there was Maven who'd finally come to visit. "Do you want to go for a walk with me? " He asked as if he was talking to a child.

Which was fine I felt like a child looking up at him nodding my head if you ever mutter the word no in my presence you will pay. His words rang throughout my head as he leans forward leash in hand.

Maven kneeled snapping his leash onto my collar. " You're so quiet today. Something the matter?" He whispered in my ear. His lips brushed my ear intentional or not, my body didn't jerk away, I had no right to.Maven pulled a syringe from his pocket "I'm sorry if this hurts a bit.It's for the best," Maven continued tilting my head to the side and plunging a needle into me.

The world brightened the second the liquid entered my bloodstream. We left the room going through one of the walls though one of the doors hidden through the walls.

Maven allowed me to walk next to him for once, our bodies in sink. No sentinels in sight. The hallways were purely white. "I've decided this entire floor you," Maven whispered suddenly. "You'll be able to wander through these halls soon enough," I didn't say anything, keep looking forward, Mare.

"Why is it so bright?" I whispered. It was hard to see anything.

"That's the way the world looks being next to a king" He murmurs "Everything is full of possibilities, Mare. For the reds not bright enough,as for slivers light shines at a perfect angel for life and creation, for newbloods it shines so brightly it's destructive, nothing can be forged from the light of the newbloods its brightness blinds." Maven says taking my face in his "It blinds Mare, they must be extinguished or tamed." Maven's eyes widened urging me to understand his sick ideas.

Extinguished? "No" I whispered back "NO!" I chanted a little louder almost screaming in his face.

Maven's hand flared along my jaw line. "NO? no?" Maven sounded furious "That world belongs to me and me only. The answer that belongs to you is yes. YES!" He turned up the heat on his grip. "You will assist me in this movement"

"I said no, your majesty! Blowing out someone else's candle CANNOT make yours burn brighter." I said stomping my foot.

I could feel my chin blistering, a scream escaped my mouth and Maven dropped me. Gripping my leash and pulling me along. "I thought you were ready, one more procedure should do the trick." He muttered. Maven was pulling so hard on my leash it began choking me.

Maven knowing the layout of this place marching straight for a designated door. The room wasn't empty four doctors stood conversing, their attention now on us.

"Your majesty we weren't expecting you till later." A masculine voice said he sounded faintly embarrassed.

"Strap her in," Maven's voice said gravely throwing me forward.

The Doctors, no scientists came forward grabbing me and strapping me to the table. I didn't even bother fighting. One scientist placed her hand on my blisters a cool embrace begun to spread until she thought better of it and removed her hands.

Once again strapped to a table. The four newcomers looked to their king, who looked to be standing at some control panel. They attached small wired circles to my temples. One of them looked unsure as they gave him a tiny nod.

Maven's hand slammed onto the table.

Then flapping, it didn't hurt match at first. Echoing my skull, faster every second.  Black, Red Sliver birds fill my head. Lighting fills my head, every strike stabs everywhere. Sounder, but I wasn't using my lightning how was this possible, it had nothing to throw back at me, yet it threw everything back. I could feel my heart skipping beats to match the speed of those god awful birds. This was worse than the sounder could ever hope to be. They began pecking  at my skull. "Sir, You exuding the levels of her body capacity. It could be fatal." A frazzled feminine voice said.

Countless explosions went off in my head. My body jerked upwards, I couldn't get enough air in my lungs, not even my gaspings could capture enough. The straps held my body tight. My chest wouldn't stop jerking, I was spazzing out. "Sir, the machine is overheating!" The feminine voice said more urgent this time. Then flashing red,silver, black repeat. 

The smoke that filled room wasn't helping my breathing. The flashing was all I saw zeroed down to one color RED, RED, RED, then black.

Back to the white room, I was. My head hurt and still had a faint throbbing. Maven sat at the small table, motioning me to sit across from him. The word No didn't belong to me, Maven's words were law, Maven's wants were law. 

I took my seat across from him, they had left me a treat today Steak and juice. Maven had allowed himself a salad, picking at it. "I thought we'd have dinner together, is that okay with you?

I gave him a slight nod. reaching for my dull spork. The meat was juicy but bland the juice was bland and smelt of carrots. "The food may be a bit bland today, I apologize for that, dear. you lost quite a bit of blood today," Maven whispered lifting his fork to his mouth. "How are you feeling?"

My reply was delayed I had gotten a quarter way through the plate and my reflection stared back at me the girl that looked back looked empty, robbed of all freedom, chained to something sinister. In one word broken "Fine" I whispered back, I didn't want to risk angering him again.

Maven reached across the table gathering my hands "Now, will you join me in taming the blinding lights in this world?" Maven asked his eyes narrowing 

"The only answer I can muster is Yes, My king," I say not meeting his eyes His fingers roamed my hands excitedly 

"Excellent, we start tomorrow," He said with a smile.

Next Pov's Cals! And here's a little hint. Expect the unexpected considering the ending of the next part ends on a battlefield! Also, this part's probably extremely poorly written since I did it half asleep,I use grammerly but not even that makes it desent.