Twenty

You know that feeling when you're excited but nervous at the same? That feeling when those butterflies in your stomach are ravenous and are trying to eat you from the inside out, except they weren't butterflies, they were like birds and instead of your stomach they were messing with your head? It was hard to describe, and I was never one for words. 

Maven hadn't made me do anything too drastic yet, but I could tell it was coming. The little cut on my hand wasn't going anywhere anytime soon, not because it wouldn't heal it was fairly small but I wanted to remember what it signifies.  That paperwork was ridiculously long like a book. Just get to the point already, luckily he only had me sign nine times. 

But it was worth it I was finally getting to see Mare, after what I did she had to know I was sorry. I couldn't believe Maven was letting me see Mare before I did Maven's dirty work. 

"You seem nervous, brother." I didn't even see Maven come in, "You have every right to be, I'll have you know she isn't exactly thrilled to see you." He smirks like he knows something I don't. 

I couldn't blame her, though, I had almost baked her alive. I give him a small nod, I didn't exactly know  what to say when she got in here, I've never been in a situation like this, I've never hurt anyone I genuinely cared about, my abilities were always under a controlled environment.

Maven smiles reaching for the knob, holding his hand out, like a gentleman or it would've been gentlemanly if he didn't yank her into the room like a rag doll.

My breath catches at the sight of the new figure in the room. That wasn't Mare, my Mare had golden brown skin and ridiculously curly hair, that reflected her mood. Mare was even paler then Maven and he was a silver, her hair was unnervingly tame like a defeated tiger. She'd always been skinny and short so that didn't change much, the somewhat muscle she'd built had somewhat disappeared.

Maven smiles at the awkward sign he's produced "Welp, I'll be back in say ten minutes?" He says nodding towards me "Paperwork says." Maven fixes his eyes on Mare gives her a quick pat on the head and skips off, like some school girl.

Maven had obviously done everything in his power to make this the most awkward experience in my life. But this is what I asked for, "Hi," My voice sounded shriveled up, like that awkward phase when Maven was going through puberty, but I still had to break the ice. "So how have you-" Cut the fluff Man, get to the point, Maven would be back in ten minutes. "I'm sorry about what happened earlier today,"

"That makes two of us," She doesn't even look at me when she says that, I want to cry.

"I-I really am, Mare." I needed to make her understand, that I was. She deserves so much more then a stupid generic apology, and who care's if she doesn't forgive me I just wanted her to know I was sorry.  She still hadn't said anything 

"I Know-"

"Listen, I might try and conjure up some explanation for what happened this morning, but I'm not Maven, I'm not just gonna blame someone else because there is no explanation for what I did. My intention's, don't matter, I made terrible decisions. I absolutely take responsibility for my actions. You don't have to forgive me, I don't expect you to, after all, you've done, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you didn't know at very least that I am sorry." I was just about ready to cry at the moment, maybe it was sadness but I was also proud of myself I wasn't one to go to deep into my feelings, I was usually the one to quote others. 

"That's not what you should be apologizing for, you idiot" She has finally looked up, I'd rather she didn't look up at all. What had he done? Did I do that, was Maven really that cruel to not her burns after that incident and don't get me started on her eyes, they looked glassy. "I'm here for you, and only you Cal. Why won't you let me do this for you?" For such a small person, she's always moved quickly. She slapped me, not hard enough to knock me out of my chair but enough to startle me.

I wasn't expecting that, "Wha-"

"You should know better, you're a good person, Cal. You should know me better. You don't deserve this." She points her thumb towards her chest. "You make me feel, bad. I always knew you were a good person. It's me who should apologize. I treated you like a personal punching bag, whenever I was moody. I hurt you with each mistake I made, and I am sorry, Cal it's me that should be apologizing. I've driven you so mad, that you think it's you that messed up. I hardened you with lies and betrayal. And I'm sorry." She couldn't even look at me, her next words came out muffled, she was crying "Of course, I forgive you, I was never mad. You were always nice to me." 

I'd lost all control in myself, she was the one. Love wasn't about belonging to each other, it's about belonging with each other.It's like Ying and Yang and I knew who my Ying was. She shone brighter than the sun when she wanted to. 

Mare was stronger than I thought, strong enough to pulled 200 pounds of Cal to her lips. The world could've burned down at that moment, I wanted the world to burn down at that moment if this was the last feeling I felt I'd die a happy man.

"Bravissimo!" Out relationship seemed to have the worst of luck.  "Just adorable really," He didn't even sound Mad, more amused really. Of course, no other than Maven had walked in on us. "I think I'll call in that favor now,"

I know this didn't really feature Mavey much and it's Maven Monday, but you guys seemed really hype for some Calimare action and here you go. Hope you enjoyed this book is nearing the end already can you believe it? It'll leave off on a bigger cliffhanger than this part. :) (P.s the Video at the top is just something I've felt obligated to share with this world It's amazing and a fandom it awesome just sit and listen the next time you're teach says you're aloud to listen to Music during a test or something, because it's extremly enjoyable.)