Epilogue

"You are quite possibly the biggest idiot, that's ever set foot on this earth," I Screamed,  fuming, how could he have been so stupid. How was such an idiot capable of stealing an entire kingdom but able to lose one girl?

"Th-that's no way to speak to me," He was shaking, a cowardly fool sitting on a chair much too big for his mind, much too big for any one person's mind. "How could you do this to her?"

"DO YOU THINK THIS WAS MY INTENT, I NEVER WANTED ANY OF THIS!!" Why was he upset? Why wasn't the boy doing anything? The boy on the screen had done things terrible things, he would do great things, he was a revolutionary. He'd done the unthinkable. 

"Today in the most glorious of days we celebrate not only my wedding, Or the welcoming of two new sovereigns, but the start of a new era. Today marks the day of the first new blood queen of not just Lakelands but the world. Our heirs will have capacities never seen before, together and your queen and I" He pauses taking the statue he calls a wife's hand in his smiling, "Will make this land mightier than ever seen before, and together we will defeat and root out this threat to our country that has stood for centuries, we will finally end this fruitless war with Norta, matter of factly we will end Norta all together, I swear to it." His people cheer for him, that so rarely happens today, I want to cry. Why am I watching this? "As for the Scarlet guard, it seems we've encountered a mutual enemy, you are welcome on my lands and in my castle, As for the Newbloods anywhere hoping to escape the silent stone Norta has attempted to encase you in of late. We accept your kind and would love to welcome you into our nobility." His kind smile melts away into something of a grimace "As for you King Maven mark my words I am coming for your throne and your country, the horrors you've conducted upon my wife are some no man can fathom. They are but the actions of a boy." 

Actions of a boy? I would be 18 nearly a week from now, and I'd be alone, no lightning to torture, no friends, no family. What have I become? She had done this to me, She had done this to herself.  I was content as a prince

"Are you even listening to me? Or is this how you deal with all your problems? Ignore everything until someone-"

"Once upon a time, I wanted everything you had," I said acknowledging the fool I called a brother, what an odd person to come back to this hell hole at a time like this. At that moment I hated my brother, even after being pushed into poverty, tortured, and starved he still had his own brand of handsome, I wonder what could've been if we were true full blooded brothers, My name would've been Julian, named after someone else Mare loved.

"It's odd, even after robbing you of everything, I'm still back at where we started. We're both still in cages, and I'm still jealous of yours, along with everything else you have." Everything and it was solely consuming me as the days went on, I'd be a nothing one day. 

I almost fall over when Cal burst out laughing, it was careless, yet tinted with the pain of a thousand memories,  he sounded well Mad, not fully crazy but surely on the way. What had I done to my brother? "Oh Mavey, it was never the crown you hated me for, that was all your mother, you'd excepted I'd be king long ago, you didn't have the drive to keep wanting it, you had surrendered in a war that was all in your head, not even your mother could replenish that drive you had, but then she appeared the spark to your generator, the spark to our generator. Like a spark of lightning, she illuminated both our skies and brought us both to life. You're just mad you murdered that little light, and I still have mine. When will you learn you can't capture lightning Maven, it hates captivity it will always find a way to escape and if not, it'll just go out. either way, you'll be left in the dark." 

"Nonsense," Lies, Lies and more Lies, My fire was bright enough for me and my entire country. Lightning was unpredictable, it always kept you on your toes striking at random and such. It was quite possibly the most interesting thing in the universe, it could be man made but it lost its charm. I was tearing up, no, I was stronger than this.

"What's a flame without a spark, Maven, I think you know the answer," He was enjoying this, he'd come to my home unarmed and tortured me with nothing more than his tongue. I hated him, I hated myself.

"ENOUGH, I am the king and you will respect me-" I couldn't breath,

"The King of what? As we speak the Scarlet Gaurd migrates to the Lakelands plotting your death, I'll give your reign two years tops, they've welcomed the newbloods and the face of the revolution to their nobility, you don't stand a chance King Maven." I've always dreamed of a world where he would call me that, when it wasn't filled with bitter anger but a light jealousy not enough to take action but to make me feel superior. 

"Why haven't you gone with them, why come here and tell me this, you act like your better than me but you've come here to see me weak."

He lets out another laugh "Maven you may not understand but I'm a patriot, and I love Norta. I was raised to defend this country and that is exactly what I'll do to the day I die. I am not like you and will turn my back to save myself. This is country father protected and this is his legacy and I will protect it no matter who sits on the throne, besides after seeing the damage you've created I wouldn't want that lying on my shoulders, but together we will strangle this threat and bring her back." Such determination and passion belong only in the heart of a king, I never stood a chance with Mare with him around, I felt a pang of jealousy maybe I should've spent more time being more like Cal, a patriot. 

"W-we will?" I couldn't believe my ears "Bring her back?"

"Yes, definitely but first we've got a speech to write, our country is in chaos"  For the first time in the conversation he smiled.

And I smiled right back, together we would bring her back, I could only hope she was still in her right mind.

Oh My God guys we made it to the end of this horrid fanfiction, I'm so proud of myself and you guys. Thank you so much for sticking through 28 horribly written not cannon chapters of prediction, you have no idea how thankful I am. We made it to 7.3k views and I love all 7 thousand of you, and yes Maven's side will be coming back I just wanted to get this done first. Honestly, guys, I'm flabbergastered we've all waited patiently for king's Cage without losing our minds, and now it's finally here. The only thing I'm worried about is since I preordered it I'm gonna binge read it and have to wait an entire year again, I've been listening to the soundtrack for the book and the last song is sad, but tori has already begun on Rq4 soundtrack and it begins with Sia's the greatest and contains closer, and my jam All We Know by Phoebe Ryan and clique by Kayne West which gives me a Ptrolemus or Cameron Cole vibe so the events in King's Cage shouldn't be too devastating, since their all pretty upbeat right? (Oh yeah the beginning's a bit confusing because I repeat Maven is yelling at himself and is slightly crazy) Pamsam101 Out