Twenty Five

I was back in my cell with a pounding headache and a king sitting on the side of my bed nestling a strange idem. I blacked out, I'm not sure what happened but something happened. 

"Welcome back," Maven blurted out with a shaky laugh, "I almost lost you for a second there," He sounded tired but refused to look at me

It hurt to move much less speak, but Cal, was he okay? "What happened?"I sounded more tired and strained than Maven.

"You nearly fried the entire sliver court, the arena has been dismantled, but everyone important made it out alive."

"Tibe-" I was rudely interrupted a fit of coughs that results in a bit blood, I didn't bother apologizing. 

"Asking of my brother, just like everyone else. He's robbed me of so many hours of sleep." Why did I even bother asking? He'll just slap me again, but then again if you're already in significant pain could you feel more pain? Could you feel anything? 

"I'd cry myself to sleep thinking I was created with the sole purpose of making Cal feel better, a pity excuse really. Most don't  realize how hard it is to be the product if a loveless marriage, made Cal feel better, though Father made sure everything made Cal feel better. As many hours he's stolen you've taken twice as much, dancing with him night after night. I'd watch you two twirling and laughing together, you looked straight out of a fairytale. Your blush made you look like a strawberry, I'd never seen you so happy in court dancing when you were with him, you could've asked me to teach you. But alas you were thrown into my arms unlike the natural connection you had with Cal." His gave me shaky laugh, he was shaking. "You're connected to him by need, nothing else, nothing more. You were the first person to see me as a first choice, In a way I guess you could say I'm driven to you by need, never had I worked so hard to get something I wanted, I earned your affection, love is as true as the sun it takes time to fade, even if you hated me, you told me you loved me in the cellars."

I responded with a coughing fit. I didn't even recall destroying the arena, If I killed Cal I would literally kill myself, he'd been so nice to me.

"I've arranged for a meeting with the royal family of Lakelands, to converse about the Scarlet Guard, they've been such a bother in both of our countries. They've agreed to my terms, but they've requested that you are present." 

I couldn't object, why would the Lakeland royal family request my presence, I was a traitor, an outcast really. "Why?"

"You're the most unique person to ever walk this planet in there eyes, the one and only lightning girl. The world has never seen anything like you," He pauses, he know's I'm not the first, and he knows exactly why I'm not, " publically anyway." Sensing the awkward silence in the room Maven rises brushing off his flawless white suit, "We should be arriving anytime now, and you will be obedient, correct?"

I responded with another coughing fit, he was going to showcase me like some exotic animal. An endangered exotic animal, and I'd be okay with it I choose this.

Maven's never been this reluctant to talk about Cal, sure he hated him, but he never missed a chance to speak of his downfalls. He wasn't a fan of good things happening to Cal but he never straight up just ignored them. Something was off..... But I had bigger things to worry about, like House Cygnet. 

Okay so those of you who don't stalk Victoria Aveyard's Tumblr like me  then you don't know that today Victoria released not one but two pages from King's Cage, and let me just say Oh my gosh, Major bombs on how it ends but she blurted out all of the names and the gender hints, it's so infuriating If you haven't seen them and tell me what you think.

Everyone thinks it's Cameron getting hurt in this one but honestly I think it's either Cal or Ptrolemus, but then again it's in first person and Aveyeard said all the characters with a Pov were females, Hopefully, it's a new character that we aren't attached to that's losing a limb. Anyway That other one has me way more excited. 

This one screams Mare and Evangeline, put neither has gray eyes which brutally murders my theory unless one of them gets heterochromia or  maybe there's a new character with them? But come on, I hope you don't keep up the tradition of killing quee...

This one screams Mare and Evangeline, put neither has gray eyes which brutally murders my theory unless one of them gets heterochromia or  maybe there's a new character with them? But come on, I hope you don't keep up the tradition of killing queens, screams Evangeline, and unless someone else murdered a queen she has to be talking to Maven's favorite lapdog, Mare Molly Barrow. Do you guys have any ideas on these excerpts I'd love to hear them, in the comment section.