Fifteen

His Majesty was  carrying me shouting orders to anyone that came in view. He cradled me against his flat ab-less chest. I didn't care, though, I was still having trouble processing the events that had just played out.I clamped my  teeth on my tongue, His Majesty temper wasn't exactly helping my burns. It was getting so hot, but his Majesty would get mad. I didn't want to face birds again. There flapping almost drove me crazy. But it was getting hotter and hotter and Maven wouldn't stop screaming at everyone. "Prepare for lift off!" 

That's it I couldn't take it, I couldn't take being in his arms. I couldn't even scream as I did it. Mini explosions of lighting bloomed off my body. It took a few seconds for my body to slam into the ground. Maven's voice filled the hallway "Mare?" I tried to move, I couldn't even grunt, there was no air. Tears brimmed in my eyes, the birds were back. Pecking me to oblivion.  

Then air, I was gasping for it. The birds pecked harder, was this a hallucination? They kept coming closer, I began clawing at the ground, anything to get myself away from them. 

"We can't touch her-" A hurried voice said panicking. I didn't catch the rest, everything seemed cut up. The Calore boys had set me ablaze from the inside. A cool stone dropped from above knocking what air I could get inside my body out.

"Breathe. Breathe," Maven's voice whispered from above. I was shaking up and down. I had left the birds behind, but something told me they weren't done with me. 

The shaking stopped than quiet. My vision why clearing up finally. Vague blurs of red hung from the ceiling. It took a few moments for the world to flash back into focus. The cool air was helping, though. The blurs focused into slabs of meat. I made a choking sound that was supposed to be a laugh. I shivered but not of cold but heat. I had stopped sweating but I was still hot, smoldering. I could barely move my legs. My entire body stung, the fire had surrounded me in a tight embrace. The memory was still as fresh as my burns

There was fire everywhere, everywhere. I hadn't prepared for this, no one had prepared me for this. I had orders to send my stars upon them. My king was laughing shouting to the one who had unleashed this. I wanted to disappear, maybe if I could get as small enough it was possible, it'd be better.  The truth was I'd never seen as much fire at once, not even when Maven was burning down stilts, it was so red, blood red. And my lightning had made it grow, I wondered what he and I could do if we worked together intentionally. 

 Some time later, the Sentinels came for me, their hands were encased in odd mittens. The healers couldn't do anything about my burns, for another hour. They carried me out of my cold haven into what looked to be a bathroom. There stood a bundle of maids, chins up.  The Sentinels lowered me into a bathtub in the middle of the room. The water felt nice until it started boiling me alive.

I couldn't scream, not again. His Majesty would punish me.The flapping was inevitable. The maids catching the message drained the bath. It was getting hot again. "Remove her clothing, it's trapping the heat," One of the maids said, she sounded worried, for her life. I didn't bother protesting when small red hands stripped me of my clothes. When the water came, I was practically weightless.

The water began lukewarm, but not hot, thankfully. The maids tried to be gentle while they bathed me. The bath smelled like honey. I thought staring at the ceiling. Stilts smelt like honey but it was gone. Another female entered the room, her clothes fine just like all her features. It was the same scientist who had warned Maven, yesterday. The skin healer.  Her hands were soft like butter, Sorta like the kitchen back in Stilts. I let out a tiny giggle at the memory of that time Gisa wanna try fried butter and ended by getting grease in her eye, then instead of her actually getting to eat it, Kilorn devoured it. Then got sick for 3 days but it was still pretty funny.

The healer hadn't said anything fixing me back up. The maids didn't say anything as they dressed me on my too thin body. Seems like long white tee shirts where all they had in my wardrobe. They left me in front of the bathroom mirror. "His Majesty says to treat yourself, curtsying" One curtsying leaving the room.

I was a bit suprised looking into the mirror. She looked like me but she was not me. My tanned skin was now a papery pale white, pink blushed roamed my cheeks, My eye color had changed one of them had gone from brown to blue. Almost the same shade as Maven's.

"Heterochromia" His Majesty had silently entered then the room. "Caused by a pigment change in one eye or both." Maven said releasing a breath "It wasn't intentional but it does suit you"

"How?" I whispered, he probably didn't even hear me, no one could ever hear me.

"We're not sure, we assume it was a result of the fire my brother had caused," Maven said with unattached disgust "I'm sorry he did that to you," He whispered after "Just proves my point, he had no loyalty's to anyone but himself. Both Reds and Slivers fell at his hands, I may have sat by and watched mother server father's head, but at least I was loyal to her, Tiberias, in the end, has no side but his own."

"He was always nice to me," I murmured even during the bowl of bones. "He stayed with me."

"Unlike you and me," Maven murmured walking up behind me, disregarding everything I just said. "Pet" Maven's voice had taken a possessive turn as he gently gripped my jaw. "Come," He whispered walking through the doors at the far end of the bathroom. 

The doors opened to a grand bedroom, Calore colors everywhere. A grand bed stood in the center. Maven motioned towards it laying down on one side, patting the space next to him. "I almost lost you today" He whispered his eyes refused to meet mine as I scanned his face. "Believe it or not letting you go was never easy for me, a part of my heart left me, and joined you" Maven's eyes seemed shiny almost like marbles. "But lucky for me you came back, yet I see you've taken a piece of his heart also. But I guarantee you he's never getting it back." Maven says with a smile.

"Never?" I whisper. It didn't seem right to leave someone incomplete, he needed his heart. But with one as big as his, he wouldn't even notice.

"It's okay to lie down, Mare," Maven says gripping my arm and tugging. My lips parted a bit. The tone of Maven's voice wasn't harsh like an order, but a proposition.  "It's okay" He whispers his eyes widening. I nod once, Cal wasn't getting his piece back, but I could return Mavens. I rested my head down on his pillow facing him. Maven wrapped his arms around my waist.

Maven's hands flared up roaming my stomach, remarking his probably. The healer had whipped away his engravings. "Evangeline will be my queen, but you will be my wife," Maven whispered hugging me tighter to his body. 

Maybe he loved me, maybe he didn't, but it was so easy to believe this is where I belonged with our bodies tangled up in bed.

Sorry this upload is going up really late, I also hope you guys had an amazing Columbus day, no school I guess, which makes zero sense that we get school off on his day considering he didn't even discover America a Viking did and when he got here he just slaughtered and enslaved a bunch of Indians. Anyway, next Pov's Kilorn's or would you rather it be Cals? I'll let you guys take a vote in the comment section!