Two

Louis sighed as he looked at Catherine who was painting on her canvas with one hand resting on her chin while the other used the paint brush to dip into the blended mess of paint resting beside her

His grey orbs took in the sight of how she focused so deeply on the canvas. How flawless she looked even though she wasn't even trying.

The flutter of her long eyelashes as they dusted against her cheeks. The pucker of her naturally dark pink lips as she tilted her head to the side in order to really get what she was painting.

"I'm bored." He stated, grimacing at the typical painting of fruit on the canvas. He had given her so many ideas on what to paint and she ends up doing the cliché red apples with bananas and grapes. "Can we go do something?" His grey orbs went from the painting to his friend who rolled her eyes as she sat the brush down.

"What do you want to do?" She breathed, turning to face him. Her expression curious as she looked at him with sincerity. She almost looked normal.

Like a beautiful woman who was merely painting fruits. Not a witch who took the most important feeling away from Louis.

Throughout the year, the two had grown close. She was the one that he ran to after the break up, crying his eyes out. After her it was Niall but the two had kind of distanced due to Niall picking up more shifts at his job.

At first it bothered the grey eyed man that his friend had done such a thing but it gave him more time to focus on himself and get things that he needed since he was starting fresh.

The first thing he did was buy a small apartment in an area that was close to his new job which unfortunately had to be right across the street from Harry's mother's bakery.

Then, he bought a bike because he absolutely hated walking now. Especially now that he was by himself so it was terrifyingly lonely.

After, he bought new clothes and changed his style from sweaters to graphic tees. He grew his hair down to his neck so the strands could dust against his skin because he always wanted to do that.

Lastly, he went to his only friend in this stupid town and ranted his heart out about how hard it was to leave Harry. And to lose his best friends that were supposed to have his back.

So here he was, with the woman who he depended on. You could say the two were what others may call best friends. He tells her everything about his personal life while she listens and reciprocates. Of course, there would be times where he would feel off about her like when she would ask about Harry but maybe she was just curious.

"I don't know but I have to go to work in two hours." He grumbled, rolling around in her unmade sheets from his place on the bed. Her loft was small but she seemed to adjust and become comfortable with the lack of walls between rooms.